Powered By Blogger

Saturday 13 September 2014

and today is officially......



.....Dizzy day, not so much in honour of Gillespie the Gallant ( although it should be) but  because that's how I feel. yes and I feel flipping rough as a badgers a**e too. I am hoping that those Tykes are not feeling as yukky as I do, but think they might be, along with most of the population of Yorkshire!!

And why do I feel so flipping awful at 6.32am on a Saturday morning. Well hell, unless you were on the moon yesterday and didn't hear, YORKSHIRE ARE COUNTY CHAMPIONS.

Oh yes indeedy. They went out on the field at l0.30am and were on the champers before lunch! ( as was I ,well on the dirty martini's!!).
A team that had 10 players that had come through the academy,  a bowler with 659 FC wickets under his belt as well as 4 County Championship wins. A coach who  was one of the greatest Australian bowlers, and of course the best fan in the world ( that would be moi!).

What better way to end my week, well it would have been better if I had hopped in the Lady Lainey  limo and raced down to Trent Bridge early yesterday but sadly the office boys needed me to shout at them so I had to stay in the North East.

I sat in the office, glued to Twitter clutching my hankies knowing that I would be in tears, and I was for over 30 minutes!!!!

I think I had gone through every emotion before 10.30am including shivering and shaking!

Sadly the ECB banned Andrew Gale from lifting the trophy which in my books was bad form, but no matter as he had steered the boys to their Championship title and that's what counts.


There was other cricket yesterday including a Durham win and also Jack Shantry bowling  brilliantly to help Worcestershire back into Division one, but...................

Yorkshire won the title and made my day, week, month, year!!!!!

So now as I try to swallow two paracetamol, wrap my Yorkshire shirt round me ( yes I still wear it to bed), I am going back to try to catch a few Z's before picking up eldest monster child nephew at the garage where his car is being serviced.

happy Dizzy day!!!!

I am proud to be a tyke!!!

YORKSHIRE,  YORKSHIRE,  YORKSHIRE

No comments :