Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 September 2014

A walk down memory lane


And so last night Dame Didi, and I went 'home'. Yes we went back to the place of my birth in Tykeshire. We were greeted and treated to a full tour of the Hall and gardens, where Dame Didi, remembered lots and lots of things but where I had less memories, however there were some things that I remembered, like a 'hidey hole' in the garden


We saw the orchard and the pond which have both undergone major renovations. I discovered why I have a phobia of spiral staircases

Which probably stems from being told 'NO!!!! Dangerous'. Which would either make you want to climb them or terrify you for life ( the latter for me!).

It was dark when we left driving up the drive and over the cattle grids. however  we were told that we were more than welcome to visit again.

A wonderful evening and a great start to the birthday bash.
Today it is back to the mundane and super swanky Lady Lainey office, BUT only for half a day and then home to get ready for trip to other former home of London.

It's the big finals day tomorrow!!!

Come on you Durham!!!!!

First home circa 1907 from the orchard

No comments :