Powered By Blogger

Sunday 31 August 2014

Yes it's a cricket day




It's Sunday. it's the last day of August and it is a cricket day. This was to be my last cricket day, but as you know everything changed on Thursday and Friday, meaning that I have next Saturday to look forward to as well.

So I am up and got all the food prepared. I am on my lonesome today as Mr Funky the Chauffeur is 'glofing' ( waste of a walk), and Pauly Paul was out doing the 'Dead Fly' last night so goodness only knows what state he will be in today.

So I have packed enough ( well I am trying to empty the freezer of all the 'stuff' stored for cricket teas)  for myself and my 'Harshest critic' and a little something for his furry sidekick.

I was going to write about the ODI, England v India, but it can be summed up i three words. England lost again.

I am actually feeling a little bit sorry for Captain Cook, apart form every former player and cricket pundit seeming to have it in for him, how come people forget the Ashes.

Well yesterday was a tres busy day here at Tykes Towers and I had washing on the line ( and in next doors garden)  i was also sorting out 'stuff' to go here there and everywhere.

I toddled off to see Kevin and Hazel. They had just returned from their jollies and were flipping brown! I looked chuffing pasty standing next to them. Think I might have to have a bath in  'Bisto'.


I am keeping this short as I have lots to do and not a lot of time to do it in this morning.

Good news though Dame Didi return home to Chateau Saltburn yesterday. On the mend now we hope.


And finally


Its hard to believe that it is 17 years today since the death of Diana Princess of Wales.
I think that most people will remember where they were and what they were doing when the news broke.



No comments :