Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 August 2014

Woooohoooo Headingley!





Woohoo looks like another road trip to the heady heights of Headingley next Thursday as Yorkshire trounced 'South Durham' AKA Hampshire yesterday and got through to the Quarter Finals of The Royal London one day cup. Where they will be taking on 'North' Durham AKA Champions of the world.

Its a win/win situation for me really although it is a shaky fence I will be sitting on. Mr Funky is trying to get permission from the 'fat controller' to have a day out and I am making breakfast for Job the Jolly to 'butter' him up and make sure they can do without me next Thursday.

OMG am I excited!

So how did the boys do it?

Well they won by 6 wickets to finish top of group A.
the match was a disaster from the start as Hampshire lost Michael Carberry ( eye candy for the Dame) almost immediately as he was bowled by (not so ) Little Timmy Bresnan followed by Sean Terry going to Jack Brooks.
It didn't get any better for the home side and they finished their innings on 172 all out.
A reachable target for my Tykes? well I knew that strange things can happen in cricket so came home and changed into my 'lucky pants' just to have all bases covered ( sadly recent weight gain meant that my lucky pants did not quite cover all 'bases!').

Lyth, Lees Williamson and Bairstow took control and saw the Tykes through. My phone lit up like a Christmas tree!!! and arrangements were quickly being put into place, for next week.

Wooohoooo super flipping excited.

Paul the window boy came round last night to measure up for super smart trims for the garage door and also  new window sills in the kitchen. Looks like Tykes Towers is back in make over mode.


So today I have lots of work to do to finish off 'big' job in Bristol, cook the boys some breakfast and manage to fit in a nap too.

Then back to the Towers to get on and do some sewing and cleaning and all manner of horrid 'housey' type things. Gosh life does not get an easier does it.

I hope that Dame Didi is feeling better today after a horrid stomach bug which has made her feel even more poorly than she has been feeling of late.

Well best get on my way and get the breakfast on for my office boys.

Until tomorrow


No comments :