Powered By Blogger

Sunday 17 August 2014

Stormy Sunday?

Sunday is at the moment looking less than promising, it is wet and it is windy, good job that I don't worry about how my hair will look ( obviously it will be even curlier and wild).

Saturday was however slightly better than I had lead you believe in the blog yesterday. It was dry, but very chilly and the breeze from the sea was in fact more like a gale and it really was whipping round everyone's nether regions.

Yorkshire went into see off Sussex's first innings , I had predicted that his Royal Ryanness would take the last two wickets, but sadly it was not to be, Rashid saw the last two back into the hutch.

The crowd were then all awake and ready for the  Yorkshire innings, however when the score was 5-2 you could have heard a pin drop at the ground!!!. Captain Gale came in and managed to  set the ship back on course before falling  to Magoffin. This brought Bairstow and Williamson on stage  to put on a show, and a show they did. Jonny brought up his 50 quicker than the blink of an eye and Kane was not too far behind.

The weather got colder and skies got darker. Jonny fell just after tea and then bad light became the foe of the players. My Tykes were 256 at stumps.


I also had the pleasure to meet and chat to  Jack Russell, former England and Gloucs wicket keeper. He is a very accomplished artist and his views of the grounds around the country are wonderful. OMG nostalgia moment as he had painted the wonderful Northlands Road Southampton. Former home of Hampshire before the Rose Bowl.
He was very friendly and funny and it was a great pleasure to chat to him.

So last night I went out to hit the high spots of Scarborough.........................well that was the plan, however Anna  and I ended up in the local pub, having a couple of pints/gallons of real ale ( not very Ladylike), entering a darts competition (?) and then finishing the evening with a good old sing song, thank goodness I am heading back to Tykes Towers today!!

But first I am going for a swim, have a full English and then going to  freeze my 'wot nots' off at North Marine Road (or North Pole Road as I have renamed it )

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL,

You off into the North Sea again?

DD