Powered By Blogger

Saturday 9 August 2014

Soggy Saturday






Well its nearly 8am here at Tykes Towers and it isn't raining, however after the monsoon and thunder last night everything is a tad 'soggy'. And the weather forecast for tomorrow is awful, so think that I might be at The Towers doing  'odd jobs'.

Well Francesca and I  set out early last night to put the world to rights, yes indeedy and  I think that we might have started out a bit early as by 10.30pm we were both in our respective homes and I was tucked up in bed., now after my mad dash to hospital a couple of weeks ago, you might think that this a little mad, however we were taking it easy and chattering away the way girlies do. But 3 Dirty martini's and I was a little bit squiffy, and so was Franny!!! She did manage to walk to her other half's car unaided which was a good thing.

So what was happening in the merry land of cricket yesterday. Well my Tykes were in action against Leicestershire, rain was threatening to put  an end to the match at various points during the day,  but Andrew Hodd decided to 'step up' and show what he was worth, hitting an unbeaten 69 off 43 balls and helping them win. This was actually calculated by the D/L method.
Yorkshire are still top of  Group A and  have their next outing at Scarbella on Monday.


Durham were in Cardiff and in what was a low scoring match pulled off a win.

The second day at the Test match at Old Trafford was abandoned due to rain. And it is looking as if there will be no cricket tomorrow as we are battening down the hatches in anticipation of the tail end of Hurricane Bertha hitting us.

Well I think we might have a lot of rain and no cricket which is very sad in my book, as my cricket days are running out rapidly.


However still got Scarbella to look forward to and boy am I going to enjoy those cricket days.

So with a bit of  a headache this morning and feeling a little bit underpar, I am signing off and getting dressed and going for a wander to Lady Laineyville  to do a spot of shopping.Then come back to the Towers and lay the groundwork for my cricket wicket in the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers. yes the job that I have been putting off for so long is now going to get started ( whether it gets finished is another matter)

Until tomorrow


No comments :