Powered By Blogger

Friday 8 August 2014

OMG it's F(ryan)day again



Yes it's F(ryan)day and it's the best day of the week, for obvious reason!

However Thursday was a brilliant day for I Lady Lainey as lots of fabby things were going on. Firstly I got a super deal from Sky which means that I will be watching cricket over the winter for a lot less than I thought. Which is always good in a Tykey princesses eyes. Secondly My Tykes played a blinder of a match against Worcestershire yesterday.
So let me tell you what happened in case you didn't know.......................They flipping well trounced them that's what happened!!!!

Worcestershire went into bat and wickets started flying early on when Brooks took first blood. Timmy Bresnan then made his mark, and had amazing bowling figures of  4-28. Even young Fisher got a wicket ( pains me to say it but me thinks His Royal Ryanness should watch out). Rashid had a little bowl and saw a couple safely back in the hutch before the Worcs were all out for 141 and it wasn't even lunchtime!.

My Tykes went into to bat and Lees went very early, but they battled on and it was all over in 30.2 overs with Yorkshire racking up 144. This win brings them to the top of the table in the one day and they are also top of Div 1. It was a good day!

Jack Shantry was playing  for Worcestershire but chose to remain tight lipped on whether he was bowling 'commando'.

England were also having a good day, although rain in the morning delayed the start. They lost the toss and went in to have a little bowl. Pauly Paul sent me a message on Twitter as I was very busy ( had my feet up on my desk and  resting my eyes for a bit), which said that England had taken 4 wickets for 8runs!!!! Well India rallied round a little but were bowled out for 152.
Broad took 6 wickets  which was brilliant and I was beginning to think that may be he was not going to be 'crocked' this season, then I read that he is going in for knee surgery but will be fit for the winter tour!!!  Hmmm this is  like  deja vu! it is starting to seem like he has booked his plane ticket and will be on the tour injury or not..................does this not sound like last year, best book Finn's ticket and then he can have a fabby holiday!

Anyhooo I digress! England went into bat and were 113-2 at close of play!.

Pony Paul has been on holiday this week, but tipped up at the office with the lovely Tasha and Baby Baynham AKA Mia. OMG!! I was in baby heaven, she is absolutely beautiful!!! I wanted them to leave her with me whilst they went to have lunch and do shopping, but then I looked at 'the crew of 2'and thought this is no place for a baby, being in an office with horrible boys!

Sadly I had to give her back!

Oh well it was lovely for 10 minutes.

So now I am off to the office, last working day and then it is the weekend.
Oh yes and My Tykes are in  one day action against Leicestershire today.

#COYT




No comments :