Powered By Blogger

Friday 29 August 2014

it's Durham day



As regular readers will know the last working day of the week is normally named after a certain Yorkshire player, but after a brilliant win by Durham yesterday I am turning Friday this week into Durham day.

Anyone who  has read my blog from the beginning will know that a couple of years ago I said how Durham didn't play as a team and look jointed and disgruntled on the field. This is how Durham looked yesterday as they took to the field. No talking to each other, no calls, no banter, nothing. And then the wickets started to tumble and things changed. Finally the champions looked like champions! and about flipping time too.

I was sitting on the fence and was truly gutted for my Tykes but was relieved to see Durham pull themselves together a bit. It was a toughy for me. Who did I really want to win?

well the answer was truthfully Durham as Yorkshire have bigger fish to fry, but please don't anyone tell Dizzy!!!!

Durham also have a tough few weeks ahead of them, as they battle to avoid relegation. And this is something that I do not want to happen!!!!! So come on boys, pull your socks up, adjust your boxe, get your pads on and flipping win your next matches!

Sad news at the ground was that a gentleman passed away just after play started, and the players were taken off the field.  It was a very sad  thing to happen and I know that all players and spectators were affected by the event.

I was kept entertained by my friend and harshest critic, Daddy Rushworth, looking forward to seeing Pasha  on Sunday and possibly the lovely Henry, sadly wonderful Will is not attending! However I sent him some 'bangy things' so that he can play with them at a later date. Note to self....pack extra sausage rolls just in case!!!!

Breaking news, Dame Didi decided to outdo Tzarina Katerina, and after her pole dancing exploits on Wednesday she ended up back in hospital last night. However she got a private room with an en suite (no not a potty under the bed!) which trumped Tzarinas shared ward and loo.

I don't know what is going on with us Wilkinson/ Walker/Robinson  siblings the last four weeks has seen us all in hospital overnight!!!!


Oh well heres to healthier times.

Well done Durham and Happy Durham Day

No comments :