Powered By Blogger

Saturday 23 August 2014

It's the Bank Holiday



Yeay!!! It is the Bank Holiday weekend, the last one until Christmas. A weekend when families pile into the car, which is loaded to the gunnel's with everything but the kitchen sink. They then head off in the direction of the nearest beach and then..........

1. The heavens open and we have monsoon like weather

2. They sit for 6 hours on the motorway in a traffic jam

3.'little Tommy' eats all his sweeties in the first 5 minutes of the journey and then they spend the next 2.5 hours stopping at regular intervals for said child to be ill!

Ahhh yes the joys of the family fun weekend.

I however will not be partaking of any of the above because......

1. it is T20 finals day today ( woohooo the mascot race my favourite bit!)

2. lots of work to do at Tykes Towers

3.Do not have a 'little Tommy' so would have had to eat all the sweeties myself!

I am going to make full use of the next few days as I have been putting off doing 'jobs' around the Towers due to not being too well and cricket.

However hopefully I will be fully fit in a few weeks ( just in time for the end of the cricket season) and will be able to get everything finished before winter sets in.

What a flipping boring old life I lead!
When the highlight of your day is painting the garage door, you know its time to get some 'sparkle' into your life. And I don't mean wearing my besty tiara to do the painting either.

Oh well off to do things before the cricket starts.

Who am I backing in the T20's

Hampshire of course!

No comments :