Powered By Blogger

Monday 4 August 2014

Enough of the lounging around!



OK after a weekend of total relaxing, it is time to hit the road and get back to Lady Lainey office.
I have done very little this weekend, but sleep, read and finish watching 'Breaking Bad' which I finished last night. Yes, 6 series in two weeks even outdoes my '24' fest, when I felt that I was living in Jack Bauer land!. And watched the whole 8 series plus the film in 6 weeks.
Who says I need to get out more?

Getting out more is exactly what Hampshire are going to be doing, as they are heading off to T20 finals day for the fifth year running. ( we will forget 2012 when they beat my beloved Tykes in the final). James Vince hit an unbeaten 93  as they chased 193. Michael Carberry ( eye candy for the ladies) hit 31 before being stumped!!!

I am sort of looking forward to finals day now,....................most especially the mascot race! Always makes me laugh.

Other cricket news, Liam Plunkett is out of the fourth test due to an ankle injury and so they have brought in Steve Finn!!!! yes the same Steve Finn that they sent out to Australia over the winter on a fabulous all expenses paid 8-9 week holiday with the chance to see most of the Ashes Tests thrown in too.
Maybe they are trying to recoup some of their money!

I saw him bowl at Scarbella and did not rate him, Jack Brooks looks better if you ask me........................but as no one was...........................

I am really hoping that Liam gets better soon, he has had a second chance at things over the last couple of seasons and seems to be making the most of them. Here's hoping that he continues doing so.


Its a busy week for my Tykes this week with three one day cup matches and former besty home county of Durham have a couple of matches too. So there will be something to keep me occupied in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office. I will be having my feet up and chilling out as much as possible and drinking lots of  Rooibos ( got to limit the caffeine intake for a little while).

I am feeling very much better after a weekend of bed rest and hope that by next weekend I will be back on the road to being a super bouncy excitable Lady Lainey. Well next weekend I will be excitable as it is only another week until I head off to Scarbados!!

Woohoo ice cream, candy floss, fish and chips, candy dummies................and a sick bag probably!.






No comments :