Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 August 2014

Bertha bites back



Well it did rain yesterday , and boy was there some rain, however Durham did go out to play a bit of cricket, but by the time that Mr Funky the chauffeur and I tipped up they had gone in doors as the rain was lashing down.
We found some chairs and set up camp in the 'wind tunnel' aka the area under the players balcony/dining room. And here we stayed!, Playing 'Kiev cricket.

Rules

One person stands either up a flight of stairs or away from the other person/bowler.
The bowler then attempts to bowl mini chicken kievs into the mouth of the other player.
maximum points for hitting the other persons  cake hole.
No points for hitting other parts of the other person body.

We then chatted to the Durham Bowling coach and anyone else who was around ( which was not a lot of people), then played 'Roll cricket' very similar to 'Kiev cricket' but with mini sausage rolls. Rules as above.

As you can tell there was no real cricket action and as total boredom had set in we were improvising. In the end we got in to the big blue tank thing and came home.
I put things on eBay and Mr Funky went home and fell asleep reading the Liz Jones Column in 'The Mail on Sunday'!!!

The match was eventually abandoned and everyone went home for a nap.

If you notice the time on this post you will think that I have really lost my marbles being up at stupid o'clock. however it is blowing a gale outside as the tail end of Bertha hits the North East. It woke me up at 2am and I have been struggling to get back to sleep so thought I might as well write this and then go back for 40 winks.

Most of the UK has been suffering from lots of rain and wind. However I am hoping that all will be clear by the end of the week when I head off to Scarbados. Nothing worse than soggy fish and chips in the rain!!!

So another week begins and I for one am not looking forward to it, but needs must I am afraid.

However I am starting this week as I mean to go on, no not tired and grump! but full of renewed vigour (ehhhh????where the flip did that come from???). Yes this week is the starting point of a new and improved Lady Lainey results to be unveiled at a later date.

OK off to try and grab 40 winks.



No comments :