Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 August 2014

Battered by Bertha?



Well it's Sunday, it's a cricket day and it's supposed to rain, not just any old rain, but rain of biblical proportions, and this is not making Lady Lainey very happy at all! I am sitting gazing out of the office window here at Tykes Towers and wondering when the downpour will start. The BBC weather website has changed over night and says it will now start at 9am rather than 7 am. So this gives me time to pull on my trainers and go for a very fast walk/jog ( running out of the question at the moment until  I am properly well).

OOOH OOOH!!!! spoke too soon, it is 6.57am and the heavens have just opened!!!! So I guess my fast walk will be even faster and in a waterproof jacket. And boy is that some rain!

Well rain missed the Test match at Old Trafford and England managed a win, and what a win it was, by an innings and 54 runs. They all looked jolly pleased with themselves except Broady, who after thinking that his next hospital visit would be to get his crocked knee sorted, ended up there with  a broken nose.

The ball went between the grille on his helmet, pretty nasty and the second time this season that a player has been injured this way. I am sure that a newly designed helmet will be a money spinner for the designer!

Quick weather update 7.21am and there is no rain and a 'bit' of sunshine. I know that this will not be around for long.

So today is supposed to be a cricket day for moi, but by the looks of it I doubt that this is going to happen. I haven't even prepared any lunch or tea,, or made coffee. We will see what happens.

I think that now I will go and put the bedding in the washing machine, remake the bed, dust and hoover ( yes me doing housework) and then rain or not go for my fast walk/jog and then come home and plant out my beautiful new white hydrangea.

Pretty flipping boring and nothing like the day that I had planned. Maybe I will get on finish little jobs, put some more junk on eBay and have a nap.

Last weather update 7.30am and no more rain and much brighter looking sky.

Could be a good day!!!

No comments :