Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Tykes go top



OK so the above  is relative to Sunday ( yes the day I missed it all due to being poorly!!), however yesterday evening. in between me leaving the Co op at Mowden and getting home ( why did I stop for milk?), My Tykes had only gone and flipping well beaten Middlesex.

Yes they had an amazing win, with the homeside declaring on their overnight score, it really was game on and Middlesex were chasing 423 runs to win. However Adil Rashid taking 4-27 Jack Brooks taking 3-30 broke the back of the batsmen and Middlesex were all out for 201.


The scenes at North Marine Road were amazing, the scene in Tykes Towers was tearful ( yeah yeah yeah, I cries when I's sad, I cries when I's happy!!).
Twitter was aflood with congratulations which was very well deserved.

They are also top of Division one although only by 5 points so they need to make some movement on that. ( only saying!)


Being a bit bored this morning I checked out the Division one bowling averages and His Royal Ryanness is in 4th position, He has taken 29 wickets this season and had four weeks out with his hamstring injury. Top boy.


OK less of the favouritism towards all things Tykey. Durham are in T20 action on Friday and Mr Funky the chauffeur, Pauly Paul and myself are all going, and yes to all you doubters I will be cheering on the Durham boys ( whilst checking on Twitter to see whats happening at Headingley).

Life in super swanky Lady Lainey office is becoming a little bit stressful, as 'the office boys' are all pushed to their limits ( well two out of three  are) and this is causing a few cross words ( aimed at the third one). All boys are coming in over an hour early every day, two are working through lunch. One is coming in an hour early having a two hour lunch. Today may be 'big talk' day.

And what about I Lady Lainey? well I am feeling better, and  hope to go to the gym this evening, then home to do house work and all the other boring things that need to be done. However lots to do and lots to look forward too.

But now got to head off to work, its a cruel and hard life.


No comments :