Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 July 2014

Sunny Sunday



Oh joy! It is another scorching day and I doubt that I will have the energy to paint the garage door so it will be waiting for another weekend before it is made to look super smart. However the garden gate is wood stained and there are only the large amount of railings that surround the deer Park to deal with.

I have had some super flipping news concerning the place where I was born. I was ( as is fitting to a Lady) born in a super flipping large house in North Yorkshire, and Dame Didi wrote to the now owners to ask if it was possible for me to go back in preparation for my big birthday bash. Well on Friday she received a phone call from them saying that they were more than delighted for us to visit them one evening. So we are making plans to 'go home' really really exciting.

Please note this picture is older than I am !!!!!


And talking about Yorkshire ( see I can get a link to My Tykes any old way), they were in 50 over action yesterday against arch enemies Lancashire. Yes the War of the Roses part 30000. His Royal Ryanness was having a bit of R & R after his heroics last weekend and well deserved in my opinion.

Kane Williamson and Alex Lees were the stars of the show with superb innings of 70 & 66 respectively. Yorkshire posted a total of  324-7  their 50 overs.
I was listening on 'twireless  and they were stating ( the obvious) that Yorkshire have the strongest team, they have seen in years. well I have to agree!

Lancashire went into bat and  wickets were slow to come but when they did they came quite quickly,  Karl Brown had a great knock of  129, however it did not stop the inevitable and Yorkshire  saw them all safely back in the hutch for  277 in 46.4 overs.

Great start to the one day cup!

He who must not be named in the blog has obviously not been getting back page space so has hit out at Alistair Cook, he stated that Cook should resign as he does 'not have the tactical brain to lead the side'. So because Cook does not text the opposition with 'helpful tips' does not shout his mouth off about how great he is, he does not have a tactical brain.

Me thinks if Cook was in on the sacking of 'he who must not be named in the blog' then his brain is very tactical!!!
I hate sore losers!!!

So now to more mundane things like getting the housework done!


No comments :