Powered By Blogger

Saturday 26 July 2014

Scorching Saturday already!



Yes its only just past 7am and it is scorchio already, I have lots of work to do today and think I need to get out and do it now! Gate painting being the first!

However I am still in a spin over events which took place last night at Chester le Street and also at Headingley.

I nipped out of the office early having foregone lunch ( yes indeedy, thought I would live on my stores of blubber instead!). Mr Funky the chauffeur came in the big blue tank thing to pick me up minus Pauly Paul who was having a lie in ( he was on night shift). Off we raced to The Riverside ground.

So we were settled in our usual seats and getting ready for the last T20 match of the season whilst checking in on Twitter for goings on at Headingley

Notts went into bat and looked very strong with 4 & 6's going all over the place, the crowd were very quiet! in fact the crowd at the ground were virtually silent. Notts finished their innings on a very strong 195-3.
Mr Funky and I had a pint of lime and soda and were basking in the late evening sun.

Durham went into bat and lost Mustard and Borthwick very quickly, this was not looking good for the home side.
I got a message that two young men were watching me from behind where I was sitting so went up to see them, and ended up chasing one of them! Yes Will Rushworth made a run for it when he found out I was on my way! Pasha was very bored with the whole predeedings and was determined to take off but Will was having lots of fun being chased by his Granda and I that he was up for staying.Eventually they all went for a walk and I went back to watch a game that looked as if I would be having early return to Tykes Towers.

However Calum MacLeod and 'Big' John Hastings decided that although The Jets would not progress any further in the T20 they would put on a show for the last game........................and boy did they. I have been rattling on about MacLeod all season and think that he is a great player who needs more chances with the first team.

John hit  eight sixes in his 26 ball career best knock of 80, with Calum knocking the ball around to score 64.
The pair shared a record breaking stand of 126 to give Durham victory, the ground by this time the crowd  were going wild!


A great win and a great evening, just a shame they hadn't pulled those moves off earlier in the T20 series.

However over at Headingley Yorkshire batted first and hit 200 in their 20 overs. Aaron finch in his last game for my Tykes hit 7sixes in his 46 ball knock scoring 89. It was looking good. Or was it?
long story short, Notts hit 201, won and My boys would not be at quarter finals!
gutted? very much so, but we have bigger fish to fry.

Sussex were in top form pulling of a world record run chase against Essex, and did it with 9 balls to spare! Especially after traffic problems meant that Sussex looked as if they wouldn't be there in time for the match!

It really was a top night of cricket, with highs and lows for I, Lady Lainey.

Highs : Durham winning and getting a cuddle from Will Rushworth

Lows: well my Tykes not winning of course but I can't have everything can I?

No comments :