Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 July 2014

Scarborough Sunday

 

So Saturday dawned hot and humid with no rain, which waited until I had hit the Moors Road before it came down. However by the time I arrived at my Hotel it had stopped. I finally got to the cricket ground and about 10 minutes later so did Lord Christophe.

It was threatening to rain, but held off. His Royal Ryanness wandered past and said HI, Christophe and I cracked open the beer and wine...........................SHOCK!!!!! all alcohol free.

Yorkshire went out to bat and  Lees and Lyth were looking OK until Les fell for 28, Lyth  did however go on to score 117 before being out. Lunch was called early as rain fell and then torrential rain fell and an early tea was called. Christophe and I sheltered under golf brollies and then when it eased off, Chris decided to go home.

He was going out in 'Boro' last night to a silent disco........yes I realised I am getting old when I have no idea what it is. However I am thinking that I want to go to one.

I went back to my hotel, only to be told that I had been upgraded to a mini suite!!! SO you just make the most of it don't you???!!!

I am glad that I am coming back here in a couple of weeks!!!!

And now it is warm and humid and there has been a lot of rain come down over night, so I might have a wander for breakfast and then have a wander down to the beach, before heading off to the cricket ground.

England  were not doing so well in the 2nd Test. Although Top Tyke Liam Plunkett did put on 55.
Its not looking too good for England but lets see how today pans out.

And now? I m going to have a soak in the bath and then head off to have some breakfast.

But before I go I have to say a very Happy Birthday to my eldest monster nephew Christophe who is 19 today, and to thank him for being such great company yesterday.

Also Happy Birthday to besty ex Hants wicket keeper friend, Mark Garraway, who is not 19 today!

Hope that yooo both have a great day.





No comments :