Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Le Tour et arrive




Zut alors it is not only I Lady Lainey that am off to Leeds at the weekend, but the whole flipping  'Le Tour de France'. Mais oui! the Tour is coming to Yorkshire and  they started arriving at Leeds/ Bradford airport yesterday. It's going to be a super mad weekend in Le Belle Leeds.


Dame Didi will not be cycling up and down Saltburn bank this year wearing her 'King of the Mountains Jersey' due to being a bit too poorly to get the tricycle out, however no doubt she will be watching the whole thing and as she doesn't have to go to work she won't have to record it as she has done previously.

Yes there will be bunting and crowds out in force on Sunday when I am in Leeds. I am super flipping excited.


Tonight there will be crowds out in Leeds again but this time for the T20 Blast as my Tykes take on Leicestershire. The team remains the same from Saturday which means that his Royal Ryanness is out to take wickets again. Tomorrow they are taking on former besty home county of Durham, which is a bit of a bind as I want to be there! And have to be in Lady Lainey office!!!! and am not a happy lapin!!!!! and could moan about this for hours but won't.


News came through yesterday that Australia and New Zealand are planning to play the first day/night test in November 2015 ( around my birthday would be a good time). The venue in Australia is yet to be decided. The ICC has previously backed the idea of these test which makes it more accessible to fans. This will also give a pink ball an outing for a test. What ever next, cricketers in their pyjamas........................oh yes we had that issue a good few years ago!!!


Yesterday was a jolly fraught day in super swanky Lady lainey office as the the 'big problem' with super big build in Londinium  refused to go away or be sorted. Pony Paul was looking very pale and not happy. Lady Lainey tried to sleep through it all and Trill Boy was totally oblivious to anything as he was too busy on his phone!!!! And where was Job the Jolly???  recovering after a weekend in Mablethorpe!!!! Well he could have said he was going to Marbella!

Well its time to pull on my cycling shorts and get into the swing of all things 'Le Tour', OK OK!!!! I am not going to the office in cycling shorts, even I feel sick at the image that has conjured up in my head!!

Until tomorrow


Bon Journee

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

Just to let you know I may well record "le Tour" then I can skip over the adverts.

Sad I won't be on my trike this year.

Remember when you arrive in Leeds on Sunday, the bunting and crowds are not for you.

Finally what's wrong with Mablethorpe? If its fine it would be ok.

DD