Powered By Blogger

Friday 11 July 2014

F(ryan)day,Yorkshire,Yorkshire,Yorkshire


Yeah its F(ryan)day, the best day of what has been the best week of my whole season. And lots and lots of sunshine too!

Well Mr (not so ) Grumpy has unfollowed me on twitter as he doesn't want his twitter feed 'defiled' with Yorkshire talk. So now I can go on about Yorkshire to my hearts content, however he did come  and sit with me  and here is the evidence.







The weather was glorious and the cricket was great, and HRR was doing a bit of bowling and a lot of stretching! I am kind of thinking that I might be doing a bit of boo hooing when I get to the Riverside tonight as he won't be there. However most important thing is for him to be fit for when I head of to Scarbados next weekend.

So back to play yesterday on what can only be described as a perfect cricket day.
Well after being made to follow on, Durham dug in and managed to force a draw. Mark Stoneman  however after being out LBW, made it known that he was not a happy bunny when he got to the dressing room.

I was sat on the opposite side of the field and heard it very clearly!!!

Stoneman hit 86, Michael Richardson hit 95 and Philly Mustard hit 51.

Jacky Brookes bowled brilliantly and had figures of 4-66.

The draw means that My Tykes are back at the top of the table, five points clear of Nottinghamshire and 28 clear of Warwickshire who have a game in  hand. Its all to play for.


Tonight it is T20 and I am super excited, I am heading off to super swanky Lady Lainey office now to check my emails and have a cuppa, shout for a while, look pretty for a couple of hours, then coming home at lunchtime to get ready for the match. I am thinking that if His Royal Ryanness is not playing then I might have a pint and get a little bit out of control.

Nearly got  little out of control this morning as I thought I had lost Mr Funkys membership ticket!!! I had put it in a safe place before leaving for Leeds on Sunday, then  I couldn't remember the safe place I had put it in!  Well it was in my handbag, BUT not one of the four I had taken with me, one of the 5 I had used last week!!! Someone said to me this week that he couldn't understand why woman had so many handbags and shoes! Now I am starting to wonder this myself. I also found £2.50 in loose change in said  handbag and my Motorhead CD, and the lipstick that I thought I had lost and.......well you get the gist.

Note to self check all your handbags

Sad to hear that favourite of Dame Didi and I, Chris Froome, is out of Le Tour. He had a couple of very nasty crashes and ripped his clothes to shreds, so has called it a day for this year. His wrist was very badly injured.

Allez le tour.

And finally Happy Birthday to Chris Rushworth who is 28 today. His on line cricket auction for his year long 'dry' challenge has just gone live so check it out and have a bid. It can be found on the Cricket World website.









No comments :