Powered By Blogger

Saturday 12 July 2014

End of my Yorkshire cricket week, but what an ending







OMG, I have had the besty week that I could ever have had, and believe me after the last few months I needed it ( Dame Didi poorly but responding to treatment and my cancer scare). So I tipped up for work in Lady Lainey office yesterday morning, waded through the mound of paperwork and emails that had accumulated in my absence, and then 'did one'! And headed to the Riverside to see my Tykey Vikings take on Durham Jets.

Now I drove up there with  my brave head on as I was totally convinced that His Royal Ryanness would not be playing. Walked up by the players balcony and there he was! Well to say that I was a bouncy smiley Lady Lainey is an understatement. My cricket week was NEARLY complete.

Now you all know that T20 is not my favourite form of cricket but just to see Chester the Lion take part in the mascot race is worth going. I laughed until I nearly cried and have to say whoever is in the Chester suit is a star. I am not sure what the kids think, but I love him.

Mr Funky the chauffeur  and his mate Chris tipped up just before the start and Yorkshire went into bat. Williamson and Finch went far too quickly for my liking, being bowled by the 'man mountain' that is John Hastings. I was feeling jolly sick!

Lees hit a respectable 29 whilst Lyth and Bresnan were gone in the blink of an eye. Jonny Bairstow dug in and as he hit his half century, I was getting flipping excited.Then the figures started to creep up and Mr Funky looked at me and said ' could get his century'.

And he did!!!! OMG, glad I had my shades on as a little tear was forming in the corner of my eye and I had a huge lump in my throat. ( no Pauly Paul is wasn't because I was choking on a 'carpet burgers' from the van).

Yorkshire closed their innings on 186-8.

A very quick change over and the Vikings were back out on the field. Yes well the wickets tumbled  fairly quickly with Durham being 4-2 at one point, thanks to Williamson and His Royal Ryanness!!!!
The danger man seemed to be John Hastings who got his half century and had his runs creeping up but he was bowled by Ryan after scoring 62.
Well I think that you can see where this is going.............................My Tykey Vikings won!. Bowling Durham out in 19.4 overs.

Yes this made my week complete!

Drove back to Tykes Towers full of beans ( not literally!), and  had a couple of glasses of wine ( white rioja, from Virgin Wines Fabulous, very nice!!). Then hit the sack.

My Yorkshire cricket week is now over, but I still have Scarbados next weekend.......................the fun continues!



No comments :