Powered By Blogger

Sunday 13 July 2014

And another cricket day today




Yes its Sunday and I am off to cricket today, sadly not to Chesterfield to see my Tykes in action but going to see former besty home county of Durham take on Warwickshire. However we had a bit of precipitation during the night after a scorchio day yesterday, and I have checked the forecast which says showers but anything could happen in the next couple of hours.


So yesterday I settled down to housework and washing and gardening and listening to the Test match..As it was so hot, clothes were dry as soon as they were put out so I managed to do the ironing too!( flipping heck I sound domesticated!). I edged the lawns again although after the rain I am thinking that they might be needing cutting so I have that on my plan for the week coming. I also put weed and feed on one part of the Deer Park, to see how it responds. We will see what happens there. Also took the stubborn weeds in hand with some super systemic weed killer. I am determined that I will conquer the blighters.

Now as to the Test Match, well who would have thought that little Joey Root and Jimmy Anderson would put on the greatest show on earth? Jimmy scored 81, the highest score by an England number 11 and Joey? Well he hit an amazing and unbeaten 154. Together they  put on 198 to score the highest last wicket total. surpassing  Australia's Hughes and Agar 163 last year.

What a day, and watching the highlights on Channel 5 last night , both players still seemed a bit shell shocked. Great batting.

Today is the last day and who knows what will happen.


I know what will happen today at Tykes Towers if the cricket is rained off, there will be some very fat birdies on my garage roof feeding off the lunch and tea, that  is sitting in my fridge as we speak!

And so now I am off to hop into the shower and  wash the curls........................and I think I have seen the sun trying to poke through the clouds!!!


No comments :