Powered By Blogger

Monday 21 July 2014

644!!!!!



So after waking up in my fabulous suite at the Crown Spa yesterday, I had a full day ahead of me, although I wasn't feeling too well, I thought that a spot of breakfast and a walk would put me right. Sadly it didn't and I felt quite shaky by the time I got back to the hotel. it was make or break time, did I go go to cricket or head off on the 80 miles back home to bed.
Sadly home won and I had a  slow drive home across the moors back to Tykes Tower where I managed to put the car in the garage , dump my stuff at the door and ended up in bed feeling less than awesome! I fell asleep and then woke up with a start and checked Twitter!!!

OMG!!!!
His Royal Ryanness had only taken two Middlesex wickets!!!! Bringing his FC wicket haul to 639.

I went back to sleep quite sad that I hadn't seen it happen! Especailly as I had 'pre ordered' a huge amounts of wickets from him.

When I woke up I checked again and nearly fell out of bed, He had taken another 5!!!!

I CANNOT believe that I was too ill to go and see this happen! 644 FC wickets.

This wicket haul of 7-44 fell short of his career best of 7-37 in 2011 against Somerset. ( Yes I know a lot about his bowling figures which makes me a very sad cricket anorak)

What can you say, well I can say a lot but as some of my regular readers think that I say way too much about the merits of Ryan I will just say that he is on top form and still has 'it'!

The close of play saw Middlesex all out for 232 and Yorkshire on 29-1, losing Lyth as they were left to bat out the last 13 overs of the day.

Today I can see that I will be glued to Twitter in super swanky Lady Lainey office dreaming of being on my chair on the boundary at Scarbella.

England are on the verge of defeat against India ( should they ring Ryan?) at Lords and although I didn't see any of the match the word in the papers does not bode well for the England team.
They still seem to be in the wilderness.

So back to today and back to work!

I am feeling ever so slightly yukky  ( very technical medical term) can hardly swallow as my throat is so sore, my chest is very sore and I am coughing so much that trying to say two words is difficult ( but a relief for every one else) and  running a temperature, but I feel the need to share it with my 'office boys' and also make sure that everything is running smoothly in the office. I can have a nap,drink huge amounts of green tea and  not shout at  them. Actually my bed is calling to me and I am not sure which way to go????!!!!

So I will have a shower and then decide.

So until tomorrow.


644!!!!!!would you 'Adam and Eve it'!!!!!!

No comments :