Powered By Blogger

Thursday 26 June 2014

Wow Wine ahoy.



So yesterday was a good day and I was able to combine looking pretty for 7 hours with doing some work and it all went well.

 I then dashed back to Tykes Towers and got changed and went off to super flash Bistro in the City of Durham to a 'networking' event (usually an evening of pompous 'old boys' boasting about their jobs) however this was a woman's only 'do' and after drinking goats blood, burning my bra and having several parts of my anatomy pierced in the initiation ceremony it was a cracking night ( none of this is actually true apart from having a cracking night). We had lots of chatting ( as woman  do ) and we also had a fantastic meal, and I got lots of leads as to whom to contact, which is brilliant. They are also going to host a tasting in October which seems a while away but hey its all in the diary.


And so as I drove home I was very chuffed with the whole day.

Former besty home county of Durham will also have been very chuffed with themselves as they won their match against Sussex by 309 runs, They needed one wicket and up stepped Chris Rushworth to do the honours. Understandably the boys were very pleased with themselves. However kiss of death moment, Captain Collywobble saying that he could see Durham doing a 2013! ( my words not his, but you get the drift). The win brought Dutham up to 4th in the table, but hey it is only June.

My Tykes would have been wending their way back home yesterday, top of the table and top boys.
Sitting on this fence is getting a little painful.


And so the witch hunt begins, yes the hacks are out to get Alistair Cook. Yes I am not a huge fan of the man, but the team are new, they are starting to bond well together and who else would be Captain......................oh yes the man with no lips!!!

Leave the team alone and let them do what they are getting paid to do OK they are getting paid to play match winning cricket ...........but Rome wasn't built in a day!.................

and nor was St Helens Place, Keynsham Town Hall, Oxford Street, Royal Collage of Art, Birmingham Dental Hospital and all the other flipping jobs I am trying to manage at the moment, so all thoughts of cricket and wine must be removed from my mind and I must wend my way to super swanky Lady Lainey office  and hope that we can 'magic' up a 'subby' draughtsman today to lighten the load, luckily for us Dan Dan Cowboy draughtsman is off to Guernsey, obviously to buy a house with all his wages from his last subby job with us!!!


So twirl my curls, put on the Jimmy Choos and off I jolly well go,








No comments :