Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 June 2014

Woooohooo 700 blogs & F(ryan)day



OMG!!!! Would you flipping 'Adam and Eve' it. I have only written 700 blogs. and for those of you who have been reading them all......................GET A LIFE!!!!!

Only joking, yes it has been 700 blogs full of the rubbish that goes on in the head of I,Lady Lainey and  also lots of news from the cricket world and beyond.
I cannot believe that I am still here writing, and more to the point that people read it. To those of you who are faithful readers, thank you very much, for those of you who dip in and out.............START READING IT EVERY DAY!!!!!.

 So yesterday England announced their Test Team and  a big surprise addition was Liam Plunkett.  A couple of years ago it was well documented in the blog my thoughts on Liam as he went into self destruct mode at Durham.. However a couple of seasons under the wing of Gillespie the Gallant seems to have done the trick.
Very obvious omission is Ben Stokes.

Tonight sees Yorkshire take on Lancashire in the T20 bash. Another very obvious omission is Fatty Flintoff. He had shown good form  last weekend in club matches and during the week with Lancs 2nd XII. However after being monitored by the coaching staff it was decided to put his comeback on hold. #notgoodenough
So lets see if Lancashire let Oliver Newby have a little game tonight.


Durham are in T20 Bash action tonight against Warwickshire and then tomorrow against Worscestershire.

Good luck to the Durham boys.

Yorkshire have unveiled the plans for a £50m revamp at Headingley which would include rebuilding the North/South stand, increasing  ground capacity from 17,000 to 20,000.
There would also be the installation of new floodlights and extra seating on the upper tier of the North East Stand..
If the proposals go ahead then a phased 'transformation' would take place over the next 20 years.

So last evening we had a little get together and  wine tasting at 'Tykes Towers'. Tzarina Katerina came as did Auntie Lynn, ( who is as always very very funny). Accountant Fran and Countess Christine of McNally to name but four. Yes a civilised wine tasting evening......................................... NOT!!!! Countess Christine had a glass in both hands!. Liz from Yarm was knocking it back and then remembered she had to drive home.  Fran was loving it so much she can't wait for the next one!

All in all a great night was had by all....................and what about I Lady Lainey I hear you all ask, well I took myself off to bed to finish  my 'Vashon Estate South Australian Cabernet Sauvignon 2011'. And promptly dribbled it on my duvet cover, which is white!!!! So at 11.30pm I was stripping the bed, remaking it and putting the washing machine on. It is now hanging outside  and will hopefully be dry by the time I get back from Super swanky Lady Lainey office.


And so without further ado I am signing off for today. 700 blogs down, and still going strong. And of course it is F(ryan)day today. The flipping best day of the week as it is nearly the weekend ( and I get to pick my favourite picture of Ryan).

Bon Vendredi
et Bon Weekend



Of course I hadn't forgotten it is F(ryan)day so here he is checking over the restraining order!!!

No comments :