Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 June 2014

Weekend is over, it's official



Well the weekend is over and what a weekend it has been ( apart from Saturday but thats already well documented). So as I dragged myself out of my pit this morning I was wishing that today was another cricket day for me, wonder if I can throw in a holiday.> However due to Big Boss coming up from London this week I would say that is a big fat no!!!!!

Yesterday I picked up Pauly Paul and set off to Chester le street. Durham were playing Middlesex who put Durham in to bat......................BIG mistake The boys set off at full pelt and Mark Stoneman and Scot Borthwick both hit career best centuries with Stoneman falling just short of a double century. Northwick was still at the crease at the close of play on 164 no. The boys had made a county best 2nd wicket stand of 274 runs.
Durham closed on 411-4.



In Northants Yorkshire had something of a comeback with Lyth and Lees both hitting centuries and making me jolly happy about that. Still no word on His Royal Ryanness and no Mr Funky and MR Rushworth he is not going to have to be 'put down' and he has not injured his 'fetlock' You are both very cruel to I, Lady Lainey, especially when I am so worried about Ryan.
Yorkshire were turning the tables on Norhants closing on 237 without loss.

It was a day of centuries to say the least.


news filtered through that life is not going as planned at Essex for Monty Panesar. he was dropped by the team ahead of their County championship match for ' breaching team timekeeping rules'. Panesar who left Sussex last season after the infamous 'bouncergate' seems to be on a path to self destruction. Maybe its time to give it all up I say before he will not be taken on by any club. #loosecannon

It was a glorious day for cricket and we were all basking in sunshine. Even the presence of 'Would like to be Lord Lainey' did not mar the day, although SOME of the gang were actually fraternising with him, however due to the fact that he is taking my signed Yorkshire shirt to be framed, he will be forgiven on this occasion.

There are no more cricket days for me until the 15th June, so I guess that I will be expected to do things around Tykes Towers. Well I guess that needs must.

Now as I twirl my curls and get ready to head off, I am hoping that this is going to be a good week and that I can get back to the days of drinking copious amounts of coffee, shouting at boys, and looking pretty for 7 hours. Yes I can hope, but at the moment the chances of it being a reality are second to none.

Oh well off to prepare my fruit salad and yogurt and linseeds for breakfast, when really a big fat bacon and egg butty is what I really want!.

until tomorrow...................


No comments :