Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 June 2014

Oh dear it was all going sooo well



You know that expression that you hear form me over and over again 'Never again', well this time I mean it.
Yes besty friend 'Black Knight of the Ferrari'  was back in town ( actually back in the country) and decided to call...................with champagne....................then suggest we go eat at super swanky hotel that he has shares in.....................then have more champagne...............................and more........and more........I come home in a taxi in the wee small hours............I have a hammer drill going off in my head......Never Again ( until he is back from UAE next time).

Top nosh though Scallops  to start, Chateaubriand for mains and I didn't have dessert!!! Yes I know this comes as a shock to some of you but I seriously couldn't have eaten another thing. Fantastic meal and great evening/early morning.

Sadly it may be a long time until Black Knight is back in Blighty as his business is doing so well that he is expanding and jolly flipping busy he is too.


Anyhoooo, I am guessing that anyone, anywhere in Blighty yesterday got  good soaking, yes indeedy, the flipping heavens opened when I was in town and didn't stop. I also found that my back door is leaking and I have no idea where the water is coming in. Booooo I will have to get UPVC Paul back out to have a look at it.


Durham had travelled to Worcester yesterday and their match was delayed by two hours due to rain. And  forced the T20 match to be T13 instead. Durham didn't fair well losing Stoneman and Mustard way too quickly. Calum MacLeod was the top scorer with 43 runs.
Worcester went into the last over needing 15 tuns to win and after Gareth Andrews scored a six and a four in the first two balls he was caught my Stokes. It was to no avail though as the hosts won by five wickets.
Jack Shantry was bowling but whether he was wearing undies or not I will never know!
Durham have had a bad couple of days on the T20 front.


Today sees my Tykes back in action at home against  Nottinghamshire. I will be glued to twitter for that. #COYT

I am going to hang some washing out ( yes more washing) and  make myself some breakfast ( not that I am really hungry) and see how long I can stay wake.


Have a super Sunday

Bon journee


No comments :