Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 June 2014

It's a cricket day!




Woohoo its a cricket day today and I have been up since the crack of dawn, sorting out the lunches and teas. I also have to drive!!!!! Yes moi driving myself to cricket!, But I am giving Pauly Paul a lift too.Mr Funky the chauffeur is doing something ( can't remember what but its not golf), so I said that I would drive up there myself. Gosh this has been happening a lot this season, what is the world coming to!


Well my Tykes were down in Northamptonshire for the start of their four day match. I am mightily distressed as there is still no word on the condition of His Royal Ryanness's hamstring. I am hoping that no news is good news and that he is just resting up.

However Yorkshire were not batting too well and were all out for 136. I think that I need to have a talk with Gillespie the Gallant, these boys are letting it slide!
Nothants in reply closed the day on 191-7, Brooks taking 4 wickets, Bresnan, 2 and Plunkett, 1.
I am hoping that day two is  better for my boys.

England played their 4th ODI against Sri Lanka yesterday and despite Joss Butler scoring 121 it was not enough to get England a win.I however didn't see it, as I was still trying to recover from the night before!!!!

Miss Babs called me last night

Miss Babs Gosh we were a bit pizzled last night according to Tezza

Lady Lainey I seriously don't remember you going home or getting myself into bed!.

Miss Babs When I got out of the car at home I walked across the lawn and tried to get into next doors house!

Lady Lainey Did you manage to get in?

Miss Babs  No Tezza turned me round and I walked back to our house, I had lost my bearings a bit!!!!

Lady Lainey  I lost my breakfast and lunch yesterday!!!!!! Never drinking again Miss Babs.............................oh don't forget to come on Thursday to my wine tasting!!!! :-)


So now I am about to throw myself into the shower and get ready.

The sun is shining, and it looks as if it is going to be a lovely day!!!!

Hope its good with you?

No comments :