Powered By Blogger

Sunday 22 June 2014

cricket sunday




Hurrah!!!!!! Its a cricket day and I have been up all of 5 minutes and am now about to get the rest of the lunch done and then get showered and curls washed. I am feeling a bit rough this morning, due to 'tennis elbow' I have taken painkillers which only work for a short time. I am thinking that I need to empty out my handbag, I think that is the culprit.

So food nearly done and then off to 'The Riverside' ( yes I know it is known by another name but it will always be The Riverside Ground to me). To see former besty home county of Durham take on Sussex. Durham will be looking for another win. Sussex are just above them in the table, so this will be a good old match, shame I only get to see one day of it.

Besty home county of Yorkshire are away to Warwickshire, I am awaiting team news, I need to see if  His Royal Ryanness is fit to play. I have been having a lot of worry of late ( and not just about moi et mon famille). I am really hoping that Ryan is on the mend, if not perfectly fit. he had better be playing when I go to Headingley!!!!!

Yesterday at Headingley the test match saw Sam Robson hit a century, he was understandably overjoyed, however 'Bell' got in on the action by telling Sam to 'enjoy the moment'........................... because he wasn't going to? The more I read about Ian Bell the more he makes me a tad cross!!!

England closed the day on 320-6, 63 runs ahead.

Yesterday I was very busy, what with washing being done, and then visiting.By the time I got home it was nearly nap time, however I decided to forgo a snooze and do some 'wine work' ( no not drinking it!!!!).

The rest of the day was spent reading and swotting up for my upcoming wine exam, and then listening to Tzarina Katerina burbling about the price of cruises. Hey the thought of going on a cruise makes me feel that poking sticks in my eyes might be more exciting. However it floats her boat ( flipping good floatation I say) and she likes to be pampered ( had a lifetime of it!). So hopefully she will go off on one over Xmas and have a good time.


And now I am off to finish up all the stuff for 'boys' and then get ready for the off!

Have a good day and I will be back tomorrow.

No comments :