Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 June 2014

And so to the washing



And so it is Saturday and  the washing machine is on, it is actually 3.30am  and I am typing this now a I was woken up an hour ago by some very noisy neighbours coming in by taxi! So now I am listening to the dishwasher and the washing machine as I am watching the sun come up, which should be a wonderful sight, but as I can hardly keep my eyes open.........

So I had said that I would not be watching any of the World Cup football, but two things drew me to the match last night, firstly Thierry Henry commentating ( and to be honest he speaks English better that Rio Ferdinand, and its Thierry's second language!) and the wonderful Fernando Torres. Sadly Spain got hammered by The Netherlands  and I am guessing that there were lots of 'orange' celebrations..


Celebrations a plenty yesterday as Joe Root hit his maiden double century, what a top boy, showing his class and silencing his critics ( for the time being). England declared on  575-9. Sri Lanka went in to bat and closed the day on 140-1

My Tykes were also in action last night taking on  Northamptonshire at Wantage Road. Jonny Bairstow showed his class by helping to steer My Tykey Vikings. He hit an unbeaten 60 to lead the boys to a 16 run victory and help them to retain the third spot in the Northern group.

Yes it was a good day for my Tykes thats for sure!

It was a fairly good day in super swanky Lady Lainey office as we managed to solve some problems on super big job in London but not before 'cheesing' off out 'pet' structural engineer. Well we didn't but Big Si the Big Boss did. Sad really as we have all had a good working relationship with him and liked him a lot. I just hope that he comes back to us soon!.

I went to meet my new besty furry pal Xena last night, her and I will be spending a couple of nights together, and I am in charge................well I think I am but I guess that Xena will have other ideas!

It should be fun, well its some company isn't it.............for Xena that is.

Today is more Test cricket and also if it stays dry getting all the washing dry.

I hear that there is some football on tonight but I doubt that I will be watching it. I dipped in last night and that was enough ( or I 'fink' it waS as Rio would say).

So now I am going to hang out my smalls and crawl back into bed for an hour it is now 4.40am.

I will be a tired and grumpy old thing late if I don't!!!!

No comments :