Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Why can't it be Bank Holiday Tuesday?



Well it can't be, is the answer and I have to go back to super swanky Lady Lainey office where I have a full deck of boys today as 'paternity' leave comes to an end.

So as I normally chose a picture of his Royal Ryanness to cheer me up, I decided to have a bit of a change and dip into the unedited pictures from my yet to be published book 'Cricketers Posteriors' And today we have Lancashire's Oliver Newby!!!

So I was back at Tykes Towers yesterday after my little jaunt and to be honest I had about as much enthusiasm to do any work as I normally have. I NEED STAFF!!!!!!

However I got on and did washing, cooking, housework and then had a nap...........................only to wake up the shocking news that Ryan was off the field at Headingley with a sore hamstring. OH NO!!!! PANIC, 631 FC wickets and needing to take more.  had my very worried head on!!!!

Worse was to come later as Gillespie the Gallant issued a statement saying that they may scan his Royal Ryanness today if the soreness has not decreased. And that they have to take care of him. OMG full scale panic mode. Thoughts of two seasons ago came flooding back. Hopefully if they rest Ryan for the remainder of this match he will be on the road to recovery.

Yorkie update on the cricket, Plunkett and Brooks bowled brilliantly.

All this panic and worry was not doing me any good, and as I was not concentrating on what I was doing, I managed to slice my finger open and only realise when I sat down on my bed and then saw a massive splodge of blood appear on my clean white bedding!!!!! So had to change the bed (again) and then put the washing machine on (again). Dame Didi had done much the same on Sunday however she had to go to hospital as her finger wouldn't stop bleeding.

Luckily after a lot of dabbing and pressing and a 'My little pony' plaster my finger finally stopped bleeding and  I  went off to the land of nod

In Nottingham, Durham were not having a great day. I had left there yesterday morning and it was sunny, however  rain affected the match which closed  with Durham on 78-2. Stuart Broad was bowling for Notts and did not really live up to his overinflated reputation. No doubt he will be crocked by the end of match.

And so now I am off to the office and woe betide any 'boy' who makes me chuffing cross today, I have lots on my mind and am not standing for any nonsense.

Think its going to be a grim week! Soooooo


 better have a picture to really cheer me up!




No comments :