Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Some good news for moi




So although I boss the boys around at Super Swanky Lady Lainey office I am always on the lookout for other jobs which would stop my orange curls from turning grey(er). Well I think that I might have found just the job and how much better could it be as it involves wine!

At the moment we are still in negotiations but it is looking good and I will start by working on a part time basis and then see how it goes, which means that 'der boys' will still be subjected to me shouting at them and  I can still sit at my desk and look pretty for 7 hours.

More to follow soon, super exciting times if it all comes off..

Super exciting times were what was happening at Headingley yesterday, as former Durham boy Liam Plunkett made his highest championship score in four years. He hit 86 to see besty home county of Yorkshire end their first innings on 444.

Liam wasn't flipping finished though as he decided to have a go at Warwickshire with the ball taking a wicket and Jacky Brooks also waded in. Warwickshire ended their first day at the crease on 136-4.
A great second day from my Tykes.

Former besty home county of Durham have a bit of a worry with Graham Onions leaving the game at Hove with a back injury, he is going to be assessed and it is to be hoped that it is really nothing serious. The main concern for Durham is that this is not a repeat of the back injury which in  2010 ruled  Graham out for the whole season.

However at Hove, Rain was not being kind to Durham who were launching a comeback and trying to break Sussex. Chris Rushworth dismissed Luke Wright  and then Asher Zaidi. Chrios's figures were 4-124.
This is the second match in a row where Durham have conceded 500+ runs!!!!


Here's hoping that  the rain stays away and Durham can get in to bat.I am however seeing a repeat of last week.


So after spending the day on my own yesterday, as even Dan Dan Cowboy Draughtsman did not come in, I will today be joined by Job the Jolly who will be back from having a knees up with his pals at a Stag Weekend.

To be honest yesterday was total bliss, no boys to shout at, have the radio on as loud as I wanted and actually get my 'in tray' down without the boys depositing extra 'stuff' into it when my flipping back is turned.

oh well, it was wonderful whist it lasted!!!





No comments :