Powered By Blogger

Saturday 17 May 2014

It's Saturday and it's sunny!!!!




Wooohoooo!!!! It's the weekend and it is super sunny already, I am about to get showered and ready and head off to the seaside, yes I am off to Chatrau Saltburn to see Dame Didi, it is only a flying visit but I am dropping off the things that she left at my house.

Then back home to Tykes Towers to get on with things......................like napping!

Yesterday was a busy old day at super swanky Lady Lainey office as I was trying to clear my desk of all the things that were piling up every hour.

Well hopefully by Tuesday things will have started to sort themselves out I will finally be up to date. Until the next batch of 'stuff' lands on my desk.

Last night I hit the road and headed off to The Riverside to watch the maiden flight of Durham Jets as they took on Worcestershire.
It was a perfect cricket evening with sunshine. Durham elected to bat and looked in trouble very quickly losing two early wickets. it's not been a good few days for Mark Stoneman who was out for 2 and Mustard out for 1. However Calum MacLeod ( 'There can be only one' and there was no sign of the 'Kurgan') hit a brilliant  80 which the newspaper hacks seem to have completely over looked instead swooning over the fact that 'Captain' Collywobby Collingwood hit 62. Durham closed their 20 overs on 173.

Worcestershire went into bat, but I was too busy 'Tweeting' Mr Funky ( who was sitting next to me) as he was posted very rude comments about moi on Twitter, just because I had spotted a new posterior for my yet unpublished book 'Cricketers Posteriors'. Yes Jack Shantry has made the pages of this wonderful tome.

Worcestershire, gave it a go but the Jets were stronger and won the match  after bowling them out for 144.

A great evening, finished of by coffee and a chat outside the 'Jets Bar' ( drinking hole formerly known as 'Austins').

Chester the Lion the Durham Jets Mascot also lost in the Mascot race, however he made me laugh so much that it was worth it!


Pauly Paul ducked out of the evening electing to entertain a young lady instead.....................hmmmmmm!!!!

However over at Headingley things were not going too well for my Tykey Vikings. The Tykes struggled early on  against Northamptonshire until Liam Plunkett and Timmy Bresnan pulled off some great batting to bring the core up to 162.

The Vikings went into have a bowl and I had huge hopes for his Royal Ryanness but sadly no wickets for him and it was looking tight. Ryan did run out Matthew Spriegal and it was looking as if they might just do it with four balls remaining however a massive shot from Ben Duckett took Northants to a victory.

Well my Tykey Vikings, it is early days in the competition.

So that's the cricket round up and now time to get moving as I head off to the seaside.

Fish and chips for lunch?






No comments :