Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 May 2014

It's my blog and I'll say what I want to!!!!!!




OH COME ON!!!!!!

You can't blame me for being super bouncy happy today!!! COME ON!!!! End of last season I was drowning my sorrows in a vat of 'Gros Plant' whilst back home in La Belle France after my Tykes lost the championship.

COME ON!!!

My Tykes played a blinder of a match yesterday and I for one am super flipping proud of 'my' boys.
So what happened??? Well in case you were travelling back from the moon yesterday you will by now know that Yorkshire completely 'stuffed' ( very technical cricket term) Warwickshire.
The morning started OK for Warks but they quickly folded when  Plunkett had Barker caught behind. The follow on ensued and then up stepped Jack Brooks.

I sort of knew that my work in super swanky Lady Lainey office was doomed as I was just 'watching' Twitter.Brooks was on fire, Yorkshire were on fire, my mobile was on fire ( well it was very hot!). And the Warwickshire collapse was inevitable......................until bad light and then rain stopped play!

OMG I was nearly having a heart attack. By the time I left for home I was unsure what was happening.

But they went back out and finished the match in true Yorkshire style.

To say that I am proud is an understatement.

Cracking game, cracking team, cracking best home county!!!!  Winning by an innings and 155 runs!!!!!

Top of the table this morning

#COYT


Former besty home county of Durham were not having such a fun time of it in Hove though. They lost Mark Stoneman for 1 and then managed to battle back to 137-2.
I think that they are heading for another draw, sadly, after the great bowling of Chris Rushworth.

I was also 'unfollowed' by Daddy Rushworth as he was bored of all the Twitter Yorkshire banter, however I knew he wouldn't stay away for long!

Come on Joe, this is cricket at it's best. Serious cricket!

Former besty county in the South now renamed 'South Durham' ( Hampshire to new readers), were doing jolly well too as they look close to a home win. And with the lovely Michael Carberry securing an England place, it could be double celebrations today.

So I trotted off to my boudoir last night in a super happy mood and fell asleep in my Yorkshire shirt! A great end to a great day.

I cannot wait for my trip to Headingley in July, better start packing my bag now.


Good luck today to Dame Didi, don't forget your sandwich, flask and a book to read. Speak later.

Well time to go and sort out the work that I abandoned yesterday.


Please do not unfollow me Daddy Rushworth!!! I am sitting on a very wobbly fence you know!!!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

Sandwich? I took two plus crudites and fruit and still came back starving. Only read a couple of pages in my book too busy giving it big ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.