Powered By Blogger

Monday 19 May 2014

It's going to be a scorcher!



Or so the weather forecasters say, and that could mean anything, also usually when they give out details like that they are talking about the South of Blighty, as they have probably never been north of Watford Gap.

However looking out of the window here at Tykes Towers, it is not raining so that's a plus point.


Today sees the boys of Former besty home county of Durham playing in Somerset. No pressure on Chris Rushworth but a couple of wickets would be good.

Besty home county of Yorkshire are playing 'friendlies' this week. All 5.30 pm starts and are in Sheffield tonight, Harrogate tomorrow and York on Wednesday. Now I had considered going down to Harrogate to watch the boys tomorrow after work, well its a look out, However his Royal Ryanness is not playing!!! Well I might just go anyway and cheer my Tykes on, as long as the weather holds. Now this implies I am a fair weather supporter, but that is far form the truth. I hate to think how many cricket matches I have sat through getting frostbite!

There were some pictures in the paper this morning of Shane Warne who appeared to be 'out on the pull' in Melbourne. YUKKY!!!! he looks as if his face is frozen, if he is an advert for Estee Launder I will stick with Superdrug thanks!!

So all in all yesterday was quite a productive day, I finally finished the 'office' and got most of the books back on the bookcase, I just have to rehang pictures and move some other bits of furniture around and its all done. Woohoo another room finished and its the flipping cricket season now.
I never got to sort out the cricket balls for my secret project but will do that this week and then I may have another job done!

The laying of the wicket is still on the agenda, but that is going to take some digging and to be honest I am not relishing that at all, however I need to get my little cricketers outside for the summer so no point in putting that project off either.

Well time and tide wait for no Lady so I am going to sort out my orange curls ( note to self do not go to bed with wet hair) and prepare myself for a full scale shout when I get to super swanky Lady Lainey office!

Have a great day





No comments :