Powered By Blogger

Friday 30 May 2014

It's F(ryan)day but is he on the mend??????



So it is finally F(ryan)day and although we have only worked for four days it has been the longest week in history!!

This is due mainly to the fact that I am still waiting on the condition of His Royal Ryanness's hamstring. Yes after announcing that he was going for a scan, Yorkshire CCC have not released any further information!
I have got my very worried head on as I am not liking no news.

However to take my mind off it, I went off to The Riverside last night with Mr Funky the chauffeur and Pauly Paul, who were playing up BIG STYLEY!!!
I had gone straight from work so was in skirt and stiletto ankle boots! Meaning walking up and down stairs was not something that I really wanted to do. If I asked them once, I asked them 100 times if they would get 'drink for Lainey' to which they both answered 'NO!'
What is the world coming to? I had to sit until 'half time' and then go and get a drink for myself. It was a long walk in 3.5in stilettos!!!

Durham were taking on Lancashire and after Lancs' Tom Smith had taken lots of wickets against my Tykes earlier ion the week,he was out of the running in the final cut of  the now famous, soon to be published book 'Cricketers Posteriors'. However once I was seated on the boundary with him in front of me I reneged on my decision and got my camera out!. However As there was no Oliver Newby in the line up I found a new boy in Jordan Clark.

But back to the cricket, Durham were bowling and  seemed to be making short work of the visitors innings, they closed on  133-6. However when Durham went into bat Stoneman and Mustard failed to put on the runs expected of them and once again Calum MacLeod ( there can be only one!) played brilliantly! scoring 45 but getting himself out to a silly shot! ( even I wondered what he was doing).

Durham needed to really pull something out of the bag and it appeared that they were going to.................. they needed four runs off the last ball, the crowd were going wild, Pasha was barking  her head off ( which was very funny to see, little dog peeping over the boards barking for all she was (Rush) worth). However it was not to be, Pringle could only manage 2 runs and Lancashire won..

So back home to Tykes Towers and bed for me.

Tonight sees my Tykes in action with new boy Aaron Finch, I hope he lives up to the hype.

And finally 'He who must not be named in the blog' is not fit to play for Surrey ( understatement) in their T20 Blast fixture due to a finger injury ( broken nail?). Well he has to be fit for the CPL now doesn't he???  KERRRCHHIINNNG!!!!!!!!


Until tomorrow when hopefully there will be Ryan news.

Bon Journee et Bon weekend!

No comments :