Powered By Blogger

Monday 26 May 2014

A wonderful day





So I set off at stupid o'clock, to go to Nottingham.

After  doing a super loop around juncton 39 & 40 due to an accident and the inefficiant West Yorkshire Police, a kindly taxi driver showed me the way to junction 38 and I was back on track to get to Trent Bridge

However due to rain ( and there was alot of rain) the match was delayed. But when they went out to play, Chris Rushworth only took a wicket with his first ball. Top boy.

And then son of Top boy arrived and took great delight in 'lugging' my handbag around  
whilst making groaning noises. Very funny!!!!!! and probably very true as it is well 
documented in my blogs that the weight of my handbag triggered the seat belt warning in   
Tzarina Katerinas car, leaving me thinking that I had 'broken' her car after she had loaned it to me for a week!!

Durham removed the first three Nottighamshire batsman and seemed to be on fire, but then the home team hit back and put on over 350 runs before all out and end of play.

I however had the great delight to view all of this from the balcony of the Notts Committee Room whilst enjoying a G & T, and then from one of the hospitality boxes with wine and Guinness. woohoo great fun. Pasty was in great form as was Harry Latchmn who NEVER changes and has a wicked sense of humour.
Blossom Latchman and I laughed over our various roadtrips, mainly to France and the fact that we must have looked like international smugglers as we always got stopped coming home!!!!

It was well worth the journey just to see everyone and catch up. My old life came flooding back and memories of mad afternoons at Middlesex matches with Harry or being his 'caddy' at cricket golf days. Yes all great and fantastic times.

However  back to the here and now............

Housework and preparation for new job is underway as well as keeping an eye on my Tyke boys today. They were slightly thwarted by rain yesterday and His Royal Ryanness  had an appeal denied in his first over, so best keep n eye on all things Tykey today.


Just a quick word about the ODI at Chester le Street yesterday. Quick it was. England did not even make 100. Hmmmmmmmm what can I say. Lots I suppose but I won't.

So have a super Banmk Holiday whatever you are doing.

No comments :