Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Suns up over Tykes Towers



Yes the sun is actually showing its face this morning, as LT Towers II returns to its 'cricket season' name of  'Tykes Towers'. I was going to crack a bottle of champagne over the door but ,

1. It would be a waste

2. It would be a waste.

3. It would be a flipping waste!!!

So hopefully today  there will be no rain.

Yes rain thwarted Durham's first day of cricket at the Riverside Ground ( yes I know it has another name, but it is way too pretentious!).

The boys had got their kit on and were raring to go.......................................home. Rain washed them out. However it didn't manage to wash away the ink on the new contract that was signed by Graham Onions which  commits him to the club until 2017.. Fingers crossed that they get a little play today.


Another cricketer who has been  signing a new contract ( late in the day me thinks)  was little Joey Root who has committed to Yorkshire until 2016. Wooohooo that is super flippping good news for all Tykes fans


The rain also washed out other counties yesterday as former besty county in the south Hampshire had day two wiped out. Surrey's match against  Glamorgan was hit by rain as was Sussex V Middlesex. Well let it all come down this early in the season I say. Although I suspect that anyone sitting on a damp seat yesterday at any of the grounds would disagree.

The Yorkshire boys have travelled down to Northamptonshire this week for a little 'friendly' game. What I say is beat the  blighters and be done with it!! OK not very sportsmanlike, but all fair in love and cricket!

Yorkshire unveiled their new 'kit' yesterday, they are going to be playing in purple ( it will match his Royal Ryanness's undies, if you are perplexed by this best go back to blog of about this time last year!), for T20 and one day cup matches. I likey it very much!!!!!!


So its a busy day for I, Lady Lainey today and I have to sign off now as I am busy busy busy.

However if you are wondering where the picture above was taken, it is in St Gilles Croix de Vie in La Belle France. AND it is not a cemetery for President de Gualle's dog. ( oh dear you had to be there to truly appreciate that one!!!!!!!)

Until tomorrow
a tout a l'heure





2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL

I was there and guess what I didn't recognise it. Had I had a shandy before we went in or am I just going senile? (Answers on a postcard please).

DD

Lady Lainey said...

Think you'd had more than a shandy hence the 'pet cemetery' comment!!!