Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 April 2014

Heatwave on the way?



Well I was very lucky this winter here at Tykes Towers as I was never woken in the morning to the white stuff all over the front lawn, it was however flipping cold and wet, but the weather forecasters are saying that we are going to have a three month heatwave which will start at the end of the month and continue for three months. Well that coincides nicely with my return from my 'grand vacances' and also with the cricket season, so hopefully I will be able to expose several inches of flesh without the fear of getting frostbite!


Yesterday was a cold day here in the North East of Blighty so those Durham boys will have needed their thermals on, as they took to the field. First wicket of the day went to Chris Rushworth, which was a great start to the season for him. However it was super polite young man Jamie Harrison who seemed to be on a mission taking 3 wickets. Head coach Jon Lewis has hinted that he may field the same team at Northampton, the match starts on Sunday.
The match ended in a draw.

Sadly my Tykes will not be fielding the same side in their next match as Jonny Bairstow  has broken  his finger and will be out for 4-6 weeks. Well I knew that they would be having SOME changes, they aren't going to let his Royal Ryanness sit around on the sofa watching 'Bargain Hunt' all season!!!

Wisden named Joe Root one of their five cricketers and also Charlotte Edwards, who becomes only the second woman to be named, Clare Taylor being the other woman.


Well I had a little chuckle when I read the piece this morning from KP ( actually it was more of a real belly laugh and I probably woke up the whole road). Well KP says that the England players DID like him, contrary to reports otherwise. He said he had a good relationship with MOST of the guys ( NOTE, most) and he says that he was the first person to spot Jonathan Trotts stress related problem!!!! Well now then I know which boys liked him a lot, the South African team!!!! And adding doctor to his CV will help him considerably when he finally retires from cricket.


Oh he just will not go away will he?????? Well I think that the time is nigh to ban him from my blog as he bores me senseless with his over inflated ego. So as from today we say a well deserved goodbye to FIGJAM.


Well its that time of the day again and I need to get a very Lady like wriggle on oh and Dame Didi I really am a d**k, my car tax is due at the end of this month!!! Yes I would have come back form La Belle France and been illegal, more illegal than normal!!!!


Have a super day and remember that its nearly the weekend, so if that doesn't get you through nothing will!


No comments :