Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Would you 'Adam and Eve' it



Well would you? Just when things were running smoothly in the life of I, Lady Lainey  the bombshell happens.

1.  The Blades are playing their FA cup semi at Wembley at 4pm on Sunday 12th April, which means that I, Lady Lainey cannot attend!!! This is down to the fact that I cannot get to Wembley and home to be at work on Monday without being more grumpy than I am today! WTF!!!!
I could take a days holiday on the Monday but as I am off on mon vacances on the Thursday, going home to la Belle France, it is not really an option as the 'boys' will need lots of sorting out before I leave.


2. Mr Funky the chauffeur is off to see some footy 'playoffs', not too bad I hear you cry, but on Saturday May 3rd. The day when I would have been within touching distance of His Royal Ryanness at his Q & A evening with Steve Harmison. Now I am as brave as the next Lady but will not venture to an 'event' on my own so I will be at LT Towers II that evening packing up lunch and tea for the following day.


3. England lost ( again) to the West Indies. WTF!!!! This sealed the series for the 'Windies' and made England look terrible again. high spot being that Timmy Bresnan took 2 wickets and a catch. There were no highlights in the batting of England. They were totally outplayed by their opponents.


4. My plans to make a fresh start were put on hold again and I am beginning to think that maybe I should just be happy with my lot and get on with it! It's not a bad lot actually just that some days seem worse than others.


In case you think that I am wallowing in self pity................................I chuffing well am!!!

Today my beloved Tykes take off to Sri Lanka on their pre season jolly. Hope that they come back ready to thrash the life out of all the team and take the championship title. There I said it!!! Now we know it will be kiss of death for them!!!!

So tonight Sheffield United take on Carlisle and lets hope that they manage to put a smile on the face of I, Lady Lainey, because I tell you the frown lines are bedding in nicely.

Birmingham are playing Burnley tonight too so I am hoping that they win and that Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo doesn't do anything untoward.

Wow this is a bit of a boring, down in the mouth blog today so lets look forward to the cricket season which is less than 3 weeks away, now that's something to make me smile!


We have frost again this morning due to having wall to wall sunshine yesterday and no cloud cover. It is expected to be sunny again today ( yeah!!) and for those of you who are not at work, get yourselves down to the beach for a bracing walk and paddling. If I wasn't stuck in the office with the '3 stooges' I would be there myself!

Bon journeee.



No comments :