Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Tykes Tuesday




So whilst I was in my 'pit' dreaming of sunshine and cricket, my beloved Tykes were living the dream in Sri Lanka, yes there is sunshine and cricket a plenty over here, and here's me thinking that they would all be lazing around the swimming pool topping up their tans and drinking a couple of 'gin slings', how wrong I am. They are having a little interteam cricket match. Yes Pyrah XI v Ballance XI Team Ballance are currently fielding with his Royal Ryanness bowling well.

Team Pyrah are currently ( 5.55am UK time) 7-0 and need  294 to win. Come on Ryan, knock those flipping bails off.

elsewhere in cricket it was a busy old day, Durham Champions of the world ( but for how long?) signed  Australian John Hastings as their overseas player.  Hastings will be filling the hole left by Dale Benkenstein, who decided to leave and move onto 'South Durham' aka Hampshire. Durham last had an overseas player in 2012 when they signed Hershelle Gibbs solely for 20/20. And look how that ended!! So here's hoping that Hastings makes his mark with the squad.

Stuart Broad has said that he will be fully fit to play in the world T20's so that proves that frolicking around in the sea in the West Indies does you the power of good.

In the World T20's Ireland pulled off a great last ball win against Zimbabwe and on St Patricks Day none the less either.

Talking all things Irish, no doubt there will be a few thick heads this morning and none thicker than former Lord Lainey who thinks that he is Irish because he likes soda bred and potato cakes!!! However for once this is one reason to get completely 'trollied' that I give a miss. Even though I married into an Irish family I am still French through and through so 'Vive La France' and roll on Bastille Day !!!!

I was chatting to Dame Didi last night as we continue to discuss the itinerary for our 'Grand Tour' home to France. it goes something like

Stay sober on the one hour flight.
Drive for one hour to Chateau Didi,calling for supplies on the way
Get completely trollied on the terrace,
Forget to put hot water bottles in the beds
Sleep in numerous layers of clothes
Get up at 4am to see the million stars in the sky and scare the local feral cats which climb on the roof.
Wake up late, take 2 ibuprofen and start all over again!!!

Well something like that although I think the Dame has other plans for the holiday #newhousehunting.

So today I head off to super swanky Lady Lainey office which is now back in my reins. So as I fix my second besty tiara onto my head and prepare to get Lady Lainey limo out of the garage I bid you all a Terrific Tykey Tuesday .

Must remember my phone which is charging due to a marathon phone call last night. I think that I might be enjoying the Durham v Yorkshire match more that I thought!!!!




No comments :