Powered By Blogger

Sunday 23 March 2014

Sunday lie in




OK I am running late today due to having a bit of a late night. Then fell asleep missed a call/message and woke up two hours later. Confused???? you should be in my shoes!!!!

Today is super busy here at The Towers, firstly I have to measure for the astroturf  to have the wicket laid in the extensive grounds, then I have to price up hardcore ( OK everyone get your minds out of the gutter!!!), then I have to finish painting the bootroom and hang at least some wallpaper, and then it will be nap time.

No circuits for me today so I think I might just do some pilates at home. I expected to be crippled this morning after three days of solid circuits. I hurt and ache but I am walking which is good.

I will not get harpooned on the beach, I will not get harpooned on the beach ( the new mantra).

I am hoping that Dame Didi is reading this blog on her new 'laptop' after massive probs with her PC she binned it yesterday. Hope all is going well.


So what happened with my Tykes yesterday, well they won didn't they, yes of course they did!! what else do you expect from my band of Vikings. His Royal Ryanness sat out the second match and when I saw that he wasn't playing I nearly hyperventilated!!! OMG I was tres worried. However he was just taking it easy, well he's not as young as he used to be!!!!

However England did not win their  match and were  beaten by New Zealand ( by 9 runs via D/L ) after a bit of a disastrous day on the field. Rain and thunder and lightening were unleashed on the ground, the players were taken off but not quickly enough for Stuart Broad who is now whinging to any one that will listen that they were all put in danger.

I know that the lightening was affecting the batsman, and yes they were not great conditions to play in, but man up Broad!. For the love of dogs! It was raining you got your hair wet. oh yes and  lost!

Champions of the world Durham are playing the MCC today in a far sunnier place than here, ( although the sun is shining at the moment,). They have been sunning it up, whooping it up and now have to go out and show why they are champions. Good luck to the boys.

And so as I glance out of the window across the Deer Park ( which is getting to look in need of a cut,) I think that I had better get a wriggle on and do some work.....................but first a full English I think!!!

Bon Journee

No comments :