Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 March 2014

One step forward...............




Well after a hard day in the office yesterday ( yes shouting at boys, drinking copious amounts of coffee, twirling your curls and looking pretty for 7 hours IS hard work!!). I came home, realised that the 'housework fairies' had still not been and decided that after dinner I would go to bed with 'Clive Cussler' and listen to TMS. So after donning my Yorkshire shirt (which led to cries of ' you sleep in what?' in the office when I divulged this nugget of information), I snuggled up with my hot water bottle........and fell asleep.

Now midnight really is the 'witching hour' because sure as 'eggs is eggs' my flipping phone 'beeped'. I groggily sat up read the messages. Talk about being asleep to awake in 0.5 seconds!!!! Who was it? Well sometimes a Lady keeps things secret even in her blog.

So then I had to trawl through all the twitter 'stuff' to find out what had happened in the ODI ( as I had been snoring through it all)
Well  I think that the Yorkshire shirt did the trick as Top Tykes little Joey Root and Timmy Bresnan showed why we all love being 'Yorkshire'. ( OK Daddy R some of us love being Durham!).

Joe scored his first (of many) ODI century. Whilst Tim scored 1 BUT took 3-45. Top boys!!!
Oh yes and England won the match and the series, however not to take anything away from them, if they couldn't beat the Windies at the moment......................

Australia continued on their winning streak seeing off South Africa, and seeing Graeme Smiths retirement  end in a loss. The game was not without 'excitement' of a heated kind. However handshakes and gentlemanliness was seen at the end of a thrilling match.


Gordon Muchall of champions Durham was talking about the size of the Durham squad which is now smaller than the size of the coaching team!#myopiniononly. he is hoping that he will have a regular place in the team this season. Well to be honest if the team gets any smaller they will be dragging Mr Funky the Chauffeur and I off the boundary to field!

The posters were unveiled yesterday for the 'Big' evening before the Durham v Yorkshire match. Steve Harmison and His Royal Ryanness will be having a little chat with 'peeps who turn out to support Chris Rushworths  year long 'dry' challenge. To be honest I think I have been drinking his share lately!

Which brings me to the 'Mini egg' marathon yesterday. All was looking good  on the diet front until I consumed my body weight in  mini eggs, and then felt sick until lunchtime.....................when I 'hit' Greggs.OH DEAR, its not going well and I can hear Greenpeace starting the engines of 'Rainbow Warrior' ready to haul the  'whale' back into the sea from the beach at St Gilles Croix de Vie!!!! Well at least the whale will be wearing a pretty bikini!!!!! (weather pernitting!).

So the countdown is on for weight loss and more importantly cricket!

To say that I am excited is an understatement.

Bon Journee




1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Bonjour ma sœur,

Avez-vous obtenu votre passeport pour vos vacances?

Au bientot

DD