Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Lady Lainey steps up a gear




So its another thick frost this morning, but apart from it being flipping freezing it is now even closer to the cricket season. Just a month!!!!! OMG!!! I can feel the frostbite already!!!

I Lady Lainey am now stepping up a gear and making things ready for the a BIG summer.( I use the term 'summer' loosely but we can all hope as for the BIG, if my diet doesn't work it could be MASSIVE!!!). My thermals are ready and I think that I may be 'all stations go' for the big day. Super flipping excited!

A funny thing happened just after midnight ( no I didn't turn back into Cinderella............hadn't been to the ball!!). my phone 'beeped' and it was text from @garasT20, and he was with..................Gillespie the Gallant!!!  ( @garasT20 was doing some coaching/training/teaching stuff in Loughborough).
Well long story short, the fact that I think that I blend into the background of any cricket ground that I go to and NEVER draw attention to myself ( apart from when I have wobbly legs due to too much wine!) is not true!!! Nope!, not true at all. Gillespie the Gallant knew who I was,  that I  look like his Royal Ryanness ( obviously I am prettier!), I go to Durham but am a Yorkshire supporter!! however this begs the question how did I get brought up in the conversation to start with. ( flipping texting Mark as I type. #multitasking).


News from the cricket world is that all professional cricketers in England and Wales have been 'hair' tested for drugs. I personally think that this is a good thing. I am not saying that drugs are rife in cricket, however following on from the death of Tom Maynard, it can only be something that becomes the 'norm'.

Well what do you think? Graeme Swann is only backing Ashley Giles for the 'big' job.  Well in my opinion ( and it counts!) I think that he is not the man, and should not be considered. As Gillespie the Gallant has already  ruled himself out of the job, and stated that he is Yorkshire and proud and staying, I am not sure who should have the job................oh well send off my CV.....................

Derbyshire have announced that the lovely AJ Harris will take up a new role this season as Academy Director. AJ the former fast bowler has been coaching within the club, lately as the 2nd XI coach. He is a jolly nice and polite man who I had the pleasure of meeting at Marton CC a couple of seasons ago,. much more polite than the coach of the home team!!!!! #mrblinkinggrumpy

My wonderful cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo has very kindly sent me a signed Birmingham Shirt. well not me personally but to be auctioned for charity.  ( me wearing a football shirt I DON'T think!!). What a little star he is. Top boy even though he is a hooligan.

And so I am off to do what I do best.....yes shout at boys, drink gallons of coffee and look tres pretty for 7 hours. Then I am coming home to do some chuffing housework, because the flipping fairies have not been to do it!!!


Hope that you all have a great Wednesday and 'C'mon Yorkshire'!!!!!!!




No comments :