Powered By Blogger

Monday 24 March 2014

Lady Lainey marches on





Oh yes, new week and I am marching headlong into it. Lots to be done this week including finishing the boot room and making a new cover for my traversin ( yes the Lady can sew too!).I am also hoping to make a start on the 'office' as it needs to be revamped. Also two more circuit sessions, a rest day and then five days full on!!! Yes lots to be looking forward to.

Yesterday was jolly busy but managed to catch up with cousin Ex RAF  Robbo, he is jolly well and 'taking each day as it comes'. And I am going round to his house next week........................CARNAGE!!! I just know that it will end in a serious hangover!!!!
It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday until about 12.30 when it flipping well snowed, and then got sunny again, so Mr Funky the Chauffeur came round and cut the Deer Park and the lawns to the rear of LT Towers II ( soon to revert to its cricket season name). I was up to my orange curls in paint at this point.

It all seems to be kicking off at the World T20 series as Pakistan beat Australia, by 16 runs. , yes its looking top be an interesting competition.

Stuart Broad meanwhile has been fined for his comment about the umpires after the England /New Zealand match. ( as I wrote about it yesterday I will not revisit it).He is the Captain of the team and should know when to open his mouth and when to keep it firmly shut. However as it appears that he overstepped the mark and is paying for it. Also a poor show of sportmanship in my book, trying to make excuses for a shabby team!

Champions of the world Durham were bowled out on the first day in Abu Dhabi against the MCC. Monty Panesar appeared to shine in his bowling however hopefully no Nightclubs and bouncers around  last night!.

Jennings and Borthwick both hit half centuries. The last wicket to go was that of Chris Rushworth who hit 29!Which was 28 more than the opening bat! Jamie Harrison was 16 not out.Durham go back on the attack today and I will be keeping up on Twitter as I am in super swanky Lady Lainey office.

Yorkshire won there series of T20 games over in Sri Lanka even though they lost yesterday  by four wickets. His Royal Ryanness was topping up his tan and having a bit of R & R. They start a two day game tomorrow. Bet Ryan is playing in that one!.


Well it is frosty here this morning, so I had better get a wriggle on and get myself off to shout at boys, look pretty for 7 hours and drink copious amounts of Rooibos ( yep still cutting down on the caffeine). Then home to do some work and then circuits! Wow that's my day in a nutshell.

Have a great one what ever you are doing.


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL

Sending you this message from my desktop computer which for some reason has found a new lease of life. Damned things!!

DD