Powered By Blogger

Sunday 30 March 2014

It's Summer!!!



Well it's officially British summer time, and looking out of the windows here at LT Towers II I can tell you that unless the grey swirly stuff that is out there is a heat haze ( which I doubt very much) then I suspect it is going to be a grim  and foggy old day. I have been up since really stupid o' clock (4.30am), it must be time for my nap now!!!.

So yesterday I did not stop from 8am until well after 6pm. What was I up to?? Well I went for a walk, then dropped 'stuff' at the charity shop, did the shopping, came home wallpapered the boot room, finished painting the other walls. Moved the dresser that is in there and then 'humped' two pieces of furniture up and down stairs just to see if they 'suited' the newly decorated room. Oh yes and I took down  5 pairs of curtains and put 3 new pairs up. I was too chuffing tired to iron and put the other 2 pairs up last night. Guess that's a job for today after I have been to visit Tzarina Katerina and dumped some 'stuff' on her, been to the tip, put the boot room blind up........................yes it is going to be a busy one again.


And the England cricket team will be super busy today.........packing their bags to come back to Blighty after crashing out of the WT20 in the  group stages. South Africa booked their place in the semi finals after destroying England.  I have to say that I am neither surprised or disappointed. The team are in disarray, the powers that be seem to be making a mockery of English cricket and I seriously think there needs to be some major clear out in all cases.

On the back of this loss Chris Jordan and Michael Lumb have been awarded  incremental contracts. #kissofdeath

Sadly The Netherlands are also out of the competition after being beaten by New Zealand. They may have posted the lowest T20 international score the other day, but they came back fighting  and continued to the last. Something that England need to learn.

It wasn't fairing much better in footyland yesterday either as Birmingham went down 2-4 at home to Bournemouth. And The Mighty Whites went down 1-2 to Doncaster at home.  Sadly even my beloved Blades lost as they went down 2-1 away to Swindon. What the Donald Duck is that all about??? What the chuffing heck is going on?????

Team talk to the boys. Pull your flipping socks up and get out there and win. ( this carries over to cricket too).

Well the grey swirly stuff is still floating around outside the Towers and it ain't feeling warm!.
I am about to do some more washing and hope that it brighten up later so that I can put it outside to dry.

And then I might just make a start on decorating  the 'office'.................................











1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL,

Can you give me just a little bit of your energy. My lounge has two different pairs of curtains up as I have not got round to changing the front ones. Everywhere looks as if a bomb has hit it. I am sitting waiting for start of F1.

DD