Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Its a full cricket day today



Flipping heck' it's Tuesday and there is so much 'crickety' news that I don't know where to start!

Well lets go with the KP story. He has signed another contract with Surrey and will play in the T20 Blast series and MAY appear in first class and 50 over matches. other commitments permitting!! Hmmmmm I am thinking that I hear cash tills ringing very loudly!

Geoff Cook now Durham's Director of Cricket, had been having a little chat to Radio Newcastle, he was talking about the Durham squad being quite 'slimmed' down and that doesn't mean they have been on a diet. he was talking about the fact that they could lose one or two players to England and then there is always the possibility of injury. The Champions have whittled the squad down to the bare bones for this season, which could stretch the team and put strain on the senior players.
Continuing financial pressure at the club means that it is highly unlikely that they will sign an overseas player this season. Well that's my list of possible 'posterior shots' out of the window!

The IPL auction is getting nearer and we know who will be bringing home the big bucks, however Eoin Morgan has withdrawn from the auction. He wants to focus on his place in the Middlesex team and also look to fill the space in the England team left by KP ( it all comes back to him!!!)


The Players union have also been having a bit of a rant, this time over the ICC decision in favour of England, Australia and India being the 'big three' being given more control of the cricket governing body. They stated that it was a sad day for cricket. Is it? well only time will tell!


Over in New Zealand the boys are being boys!, Jesse Ryder and Doug Bracewell have been dropped form the team for the second test after going on a late night drinking fest! Ryder has just returned to the team after two years out including six months for a drugs ban. Well obviously he didn't want it that badly.

So with all the cricket kicking off, what has been happening in Lady Laineyland.

Well strange things did happen last evening, I was lying in my (semi decorated) boudoir reading my book when my phone 'beeped' and when I looked I am only being followed on Twitter by Yorkshire CCC!!!!! Flipping heck!!!! That is going to be some match at Chester le Street in May, how the piccalilli am I going to be able to sit on the fence. And that is not my only fear, as I now know that one of the Rushworth 'minnows' can throw with both hands so no doubt he will be given stale Yorkshire puds to throw at me!!!!


Oh well the rain is lashing down outside it is really cold, I have loads of things to load into the limo AND I really want to curl up back in bed!!!

so off I go!!!










No comments :