Powered By Blogger

Friday 14 February 2014

Its F(ryan)day and Valentines day too!!!




Woohooo not only is it F(ryan)day, it is also St Valentines Day, so as I am drinking my first ( of many) cups of coffee today out of my Valentines mug, I know that I must hurry along with writing this as I am sure the florist will be knocking on my door soon with a flipping giant bouquet of WHITE roses ( I am a Yorkshire girl! and in truth I do only like white flowers). You just kind of know that there will be tears before bedtime and I will have terrible cramp from sitting behind the front door  all day waiting for the knock

However never one to be downhearted, I will soldier on through the day.And look forward to a lovely dinner this evening.

Those Yorkshire boys ( including His Royal Ryanness) are training hard ahead of the season. They will need to be  packing their smalls( do you all remember 'Knickergate?) as very soon they will be off to Sri Lanka to top up their tans, get dodgy tummies, and do a bit of team building.........oh and play a bit of cricket too. I for one am very envious, I NEED SOME SUNSHINE, all this rain, and cold is driving me mad.....yes madder than I was before!!!!!

Well would you 'Adam and Eve' it???? At the end of last season after former besty county in the south, Hampshire snapped up some 'unloved' and sometimes 'unused' Durham players, I commented on them changing their name to 'South Durham'. It is now getting closer to being true as yesterday within  micro seconds of Durham announcing that Dale Benkenstein was leaving the club, Hampshire announced that he was joining them as first team coach. Benkenstein who was Durhams all time record run scorer, said he was looking forward to taking on the coaching role. Giles White ( I remember him when he played 2nd XI  for Hants!) who had been coaching  the team until the end of last season, now takes on his role as Director of Cricket. Its a sad loss for Durham but a huge gain for South Durham!!!


Good news for the Woman's cricket team as they all become full time professionals. This is great news for the ladies and means that they will never have to pay for their own Blazers again! can you imagine the men doing that!!!!! No me either!

So what other news from here at the 'Towers' well, the decorating will continue this weekend in 'mon boudoir' and I am hoping that I will finally be getting close to finishing it as I am getting heartily sick of having to clamber over a chest of drawers to get into my bed at night, its a hazardous operation getting out of bed on a morning, as I sometimes forget that the drawers are there!!! #batteredandbruised

So today I wish you all a Happy Valentines Day...............................got to dash I am sure I hear a van pulling up outside ( probably one with men in white coats in, offering me a new 'jacket' to try on !!!!)






No comments :