Powered By Blogger

Sunday 23 February 2014

Its the 600th blog!!!



Oh my dog!!!! It is only the 600th blog. Yes 600 days of me writing complete and utter nonsense and people reading it! I know the '600' picture is a not cricket  but rugby but it was the best I could do.
Rugby is not a game I follow, League or Union. Why would you want to watch hulks of men with broken noses and strange ears, all get together and cuddle each other whilst trying to stick their hands up the leg of another man's shorts? AND sometimes they hold the ball and sometimes they kick it? Way to strange a game for a Lady like moi!!!


So 600 blogs and what have we had, well the move from LT Towers to LT Towers II, lots and lots of F(ryan)days. Super birthday bashes for me!. Lots of highs and quite a few lows too. Tiara throwing tantrums, lots of curl twirling, way too much working! Also lots and lots of cricket!!!! Which is what it is all about ( apart from the bits about me!)

So lets get down to the 600th cricket blog.

Well Chris Gayle is out of the West Indies team for the ODI series against England because of a stiff back. Flipping Nora!!!! He should have a look at the state of me today after, painting, stripping and scraping  goodness who knows how many years of gloss off terracotta tiled skirtings. He would know what a stiff back is and stiff arms and don't get me started on the fact that I feel like a donkey has kicked me in my buttocks!!!!! MEN!!!!

England Lions drew their second unofficial test in Sri Lanka. James Taylor had done really well in the batting  242 not out, which surely guarantees him another chance with England. This time without the comments of KP.
Graham Onions who was called up at the last minute took 4-24 in the first innings, but failed to take any in the second.

So what happened  football I hear you all scream!

Well after an early morning dip in the seas at Blackpool, Birmingham won their match 2-1. HOWEVER!!!!  Cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo got a card, and it wasn't a 'Thank you' card either, it was a flipping red one!!!!! which brought Brum down to 10 men for the last quarter of an hour.
Naughty step for Hooligan. He should know better he is the captain!!!

Over in Boro, it was 0-0 draw for The Mighty Whites. Which was OK at least they didn't lose.

The Blades were the best boys of the day securing a 3-0 home win!!!


Now to the important part of the blog, the bit about me!!!! I was busy busy yesterday doing the decorating thing. And boy did I crack on. However the painted tiled skirting is giving me a bit of a headache but I will not be beaten!!

So with that I am donning my rubber gloves and heading back to scrape and chip at the paint!.

Have a wonderful 600th blogday.



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

Just read about James Taylor, thought he would be a bit past playing cricket now. Did he have his guitar with him and was he singing at the same time?

Think I might be on to the wrong man here, but hey why change the habit of a lifetime!!

Congrats on 600 blogs.

DD