Powered By Blogger

Thursday 27 February 2014

Busy day today



Well I was so busy last night as I packed my case(s) for my trip back 'home' to Londinium. Yes trying to fit my whole wardrobe in, as you never know what you may want to wear! Its a challenge and a half trying to second guess weather, events, changing outfits 4 times a day..........

I also managed to make some space in the 'big' bedroom, yes I can finally see that there is cream wool carpet on the floor!

Had a chat with Zemina last night too, we are having an evening in with cricket on Friday, which suits me down to the ground, its brilliant that her husband is as nuts about cricket as I am.

And talking cricket, good news on the 'Trotty' front, he is hoping to make his comeback in April, and he appears to be determined to get back into the England team. It is also his benefit year with Warwickshire this year and so wants to be seen by the fans who will be contributing. Far removed from the last beneficiary at Durham who was usually seen on Sky ( or the golf course), never on the field.

Otis Gibson has been talking to the press regarding Andy Flower. Gibson had played for champions of the world Durham, and was flipping good too, was talking about his dismay that Flower was forced out of his job.Flower who was the most successful England coach in history left after a 'shambolic' tour of Australia. Gibson said that Flowers successes have been forgotten in light of the KP saga ( which refuses to go away) and the Swanns retirement.
It appears that one bad tour makes people forget all the other good that Flower did.

However no replacement has been named for him.

I'm still available!!

Last night saw Dame Didi and Sir Richard off to the pub quiz, something that is sadly lacking in Lady laineyville. Once upon a time Wednesday night was quiz night at the cricket club, but no longer. This town is getting very boring so good job I am hitting the big city this weekend...............had I told you that????


However before I get on the train to head south, I have lots of work ( yes WORK) to do in super swanky Lady Lainey office, and I know that when I get back to the office on Monday the boys will be totally out of control and I will not be able to see my desk. So best head off to make a start on getting them 'ship shape' before I head off tomorrow.

Super flipping excited to be going back 'home'

No comments :