Powered By Blogger

Sunday 5 January 2014

What no party!




Exactly!!!! my fun Saturday night out with Naughty Nikki was cancelled half an hour before kick off! And I had managed to drag myself away from my usual Saturday afternoon spot ( the sofa) to get ready too. Oh well I could focus on the cricket...............................



...............................oh hang a minute I had already forsworn that! Oh well nothing else to do! So I went off to bed at about 10pm to get settled ready for action.

Oh well you all know the outcome. 5-0 to Australia, despite Stokes and Broad giving it a good go. Broad was actually cheered by Aussies fans for the first time ( obviously glad to see him go).

It was also a big day for Glenn McGrath yesterday at the SCG as everything turned pink for 'The Pink Test. 'Yes even Mitch Johnson coloured his moustache pink ( flipping scary if you ask me!). They all wore their 'baggy pinks' which are currently being auction off on the McGrath Foundation website. Even England wore pink caps. Huge amounts of money was raised for breast cancer nurses in Australia. Great cause.


So do we really need to know what happened blow by blow ( or ball by ball). That will be a no then! Time to move on and focus on sorting the flipping team out!

My new bed was finally delivered yesterday which meant that the much loved, but terribly squeaky bed is ' going the journey'. Sad really as it had been a comfortable bed until it started squeaking like a plague of mice!!!

 Best news of all yesterday was that

THE BLADES BEAT ASTON VILLA 2-1 , this put paid to Villa's FA Cup hopes. Nigel Clough looked positively ecstatic, as was I Lady Lainey as I quickly phoned Dame Didi to give her the news. Ryan Flynn's 81st minute goal did the trick. I bet Sir Sean of Bean was a happy chappy. #chippythenpub


So today as I glance out over the Deer Park here at LT Towers II, it is very very frosty and cold too, so after I have been shopping to get the office boys their lunches for the week ( oh yes back to the grind) I think that I will be snuggled up on the sofa, having a little nap and hoping that when I wake up 'The Ashes fiasco' will all have been a dream..............


short today, back tomorrow!

No comments :