Powered By Blogger

Sunday 26 January 2014

What is going on?



OK so yesterday I didn't write a blog for two reason,

1. I had been out very late the night before.

2. When I got home I did housework and baked a coffee cake (above).

Today I am very late writing the blog for  two reasons

1. I was up very late due to late arrival of Black Knight of the Ferrari!!!

2. Slept in ( and through the cricket).

Yes, I was not expecting to see The Black Knight until late February/early March, but he is in the UK for a week and so tipped up at LT Towers as I was planning on going to bed.
 We had lots to catch up on and he provided a bottle of bubbly.......................well it would have been rude not to have had a sip!
Anyhoo, life and business are doing well for him in UAE and he has no plans on coming back to Blighty, like ever!!!!!

So I put on the cricket  and fell asleep waking up about 30 mins ago with a raging headache and listening to persistent rain outside!!!
So with the cricket on I now see that I am not missing much. WonderBoy Stokes pushed up the batting order out for a duck, as England chase 218. Joe Root back in the fold and currently on 31. And Captain Cook still in there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stokes had bowled brilliantly, however why push him up to bat at 3?
And talking about  about Stokes Durham coach Jon Lewis has been stating  that Durham cannot afford to cover Ben if he doesn't get a central contract.
Well if they hadn't paid a 'certain'player for years when he never set foot on the field they may have been able to.
And with the amount that they charge for a bottle of 'wine' ( term used very loosely) in the bar I am surprised .

Whoops off on a little Durham rant there.#paysmemoneycanmoanifIlike


Sadly Englands women lost again to the Australian ladies who seem to be pulling themselves back bit by bit.

It is flipping pouring here in the North East of Blighty and as some mad people head off down to Lincolnshire to wander around bits of broken bikes and cars and the likes, I am listening to the whirr of the dishwasher and thinking that I might just go back to bed for an hour!!!

Yes thats settled it I am back to bed for an hour.........................





1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

What is going on indeed!!! Just got out of bed myself and unfortunately no coffee cake for me to have with my cup of tea.

No Knight turned up at my door and I even managed to fall asleep during "The Bridge" just as well I recorded it.

DD